|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary do when he hears his diagnosis in the last chapter?
(a) He asks to see his family.
(b) He tells the doctor how it all started.
(c) He cries.
(d) He tells the doctor he must be wrong.
2. Nikolai is about what temperature in degrees Fahrenheit?
(a) Fifty below zero.
(d) Twenty below zero.
3. What does one of the mushers say when Gary and his team are on the frozen river in Happy Canyon?
(a) "I didn't think you were going to make it."
(b) "You're going to get yourself killed."
(c) "Your head is bleeding."
(d) "I'm going to do it that way next year."
4. Why doesn't Gary stop at Kaltag?
(a) He is anxious to finish the race.
(b) The drunk villagers are bothering him.
(c) There aren't any restaurants.
(d) He isn't tired.
5. Along the Yukon River, what does Gary estimate the temperature to be in degrees Fahrenheit?
(a) Thirty below.
(b) Forty below.
(c) Sixty below.
(d) Eighty below.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cookie run on the frozen stream bed?
2. What is the maximum speed of a team in The Interior?
3. How many full teams are in the basin?
4. When does "An End" take place?
5. How many teams stop at Don's Cabin, including Gary's team?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)