|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing the doctor in "An End" says to Gary?
(a) "The tests are positive."
(b) "Your wife should be here."
(c) "You need surgery right away."
(d) "You are fit as a fiddle."
2. What does Gary do when he starts to get really cold in The Yukon?
(a) He stops and puts on warmer clothes.
(b) He puts sweaters on the dogs.
(c) He stops to rest for the night.
(d) He ignores the cold, hoping it is only temporary.
3. In the last chapter, where is Gary when he first sees the doctor?
(a) On an exam table.
(b) In a bed.
(c) Standing in the doorway.
(d) In a chair.
4. About how many miles is The Interior portion of the race?
(a) Seven hundred.
(b) One hundred fifty.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) A thousand.
5. How many teams stop at Don's Cabin, including Gary's team?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gary doing when he almost runs into another sled and team outside Shageluk?
2. What is Gary thinking about when he first sees the lights of Nome?
3. How many full teams are in the basin?
4. In "An End", where is Gary's bandage?
5. Why does Gary stop before reaching Unalakleet?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)