|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rainy Pass Lodge?
(a) In a depression.
(b) On a mountain peak.
(c) In a mountain valley.
(d) At the summit of Rainy Pass.
2. What is Gary's diagnosis at the end of the book?
(a) Old age.
(b) Coronary heart disease.
(d) Multiple Sclerosis.
3. What do the caribou do when Gary and his team run close to them outside Shageluk?
(a) Try to bite the dogs.
(b) Attack Gary.
(c) Try to get the food from the sled.
(d) Watch them with curiosity.
4. What does Gary NOT think when the doctor gives him his diagnosis in "An End"?
(a) "But I haven't climbed Mt. Everest yet."
(b) "But I've just become successful."
(c) "But I haven't learned how to release the bowstring."
(d) "But my son hasn't graduated from college yet."
5. When does "An End" take place?
(a) Right after "Nome."
(b) After Gary wins a dog race.
(c) After the events in "Prelude."
(d) Between the events in "Nome" and "Prelude."
Short Answer Questions
1. Gary writes that dogs will die before they lose what?
2. How does Gary spend most of his time in Dalzell Gorge?
3. What type of terrain do the teams encounter between Shaktolik and Koyuk?
4. At the end of the book, who does the doctor see right before he sees Gary?
5. How many full teams are in the basin?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)