1. When does the Prelude take place?
Before Gary's second Iditarod race.
2. What is the setting at the beginning of the book?
Near the Alaska Range.
3. How often does Gary harness his "problem" dogs?
Every four days.
4. In the Prelude Gary writes, "The difficulty came because of ____________."
5. How does Crackers seem when Gary works ointment into the dog's feet at the beginning of the book?
6. According to Gary, what is the most important tenet of running dogs?
Home is where you are with the dogs and sled.
This section contains 4,932 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)