|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Race: The Yukon; Unalakleet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Gary stop at Kaltag?
(a) There aren't any restaurants.
(b) He is anxious to finish the race.
(c) The drunk villagers are bothering him.
(d) He isn't tired.
2. How does Crackers seem when Gary works ointment into the dog's feet at the beginning of the book?
3. Why does Gary carry a gun?
(a) To protect himself against other mushers.
(b) To hunt.
(c) To protect himself from his dogs.
(d) To shoot feral dogs.
4. What happens to Gary at the Rohn River checkpoint?
(a) He starts to think about quitting.
(b) He has a hot meal at a cafe.
(c) He gets stitches for his wounds.
(d) He finally gets some sleep.
5. Where is the true start of the race?
(c) Finger Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Iditarod teams receive prize money?
2. How many dogs does Gary take to Alaska?
3. What is the setting at the beginning of the book?
4. How does the other musher's lead dog die on the trapping trail?
5. What does the old man in Unalakleet offer Gary?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)