|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Race: McGrath; The Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Devil do when Gary says, "Hi"?
(a) He growls at Gary.
(b) He wags his tail.
(c) He bites Gary.
(d) He urinates.
2. What is the maximum speed of a team in The Interior?
(a) Three miles per hour.
(b) Six miles per hour.
(c) Ten miles per hour.
(d) Five miles per hour.
3. What is Gary's initial experience with Rainy Pass?
(a) He finds it slower than he thought it would be.
(b) He finds it easy.
(c) He finds it more challenging than he had been told.
(d) He finds it difficult.
4. Why does Gary carry a gun?
(a) To hunt.
(b) To shoot feral dogs.
(c) To protect himself against other mushers.
(d) To protect himself from his dogs.
5. The mushers need to be in Anchorage how long before the start of the race?
(a) The night.
(b) A week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the major challenge in The Burn?
2. According to Gary, what is the most important tenet of running dogs?
3. Why is Gary lying down in Dalzell Gorge?
4. What happens when Gary steps off his sled while in the basin?
5. About how many teams entered the race?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)