|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Race: McGrath; The Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Gary harness his "problem" dogs?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Every four days.
(c) Every two days.
(d) Once a day.
2. In "First Snow", how much snow is on the ground?
(a) A foot.
(b) None--it melted right away.
(c) Four or five inches.
(d) A dusting.
3. What does Devil do when Gary says, "Hi"?
(a) He urinates.
(b) He wags his tail.
(c) He growls at Gary.
(d) He bites Gary.
4. What does Ruth say to Gary right before he starts his dog run with the bike?
(a) "Don't you think you might have rather more dogs than you need?"
(b) "Be careful this time. You know what happened during your last run."
(c) "Let me help you harness those rascals."
(d) "I hope to see you for dinner tonight, in one piece."
5. What is the "presence" that Gary feels in the Prelude?
(a) Another musher.
(b) A mountain of snow.
(c) His sled.
(d) One of his dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many teams entered the race?
2. What happens to Gary at the Rohn River checkpoint?
3. What does Gary do when he first gets home after he encounters the snared doe?
4. During race training, how long does Marge stay with Gary and his team?
5. How many miles is The Burn?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)