|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Race: McGrath; The Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does Gary and his team get before leaving the trail from Anchorage?
(a) A mile.
(b) Less than fifty yards.
(c) Two blocks.
(d) Ten miles.
2. How many Iditarod teams receive prize money?
(a) The first twenty.
(b) First, second, and third.
(c) All teams that cross the finish line.
(d) The first ten.
3. How do the dogs react when Marge enters the camp?
(a) They bark at her.
(b) They fight with her.
(c) They wag their tails and nuzzle her.
(d) They chase her away.
4. Gary discovers that this spice helps dogs eat when they're not hungry.
5. What does one of the mushers say when Gary and his team are on the frozen river in Happy Canyon?
(a) "I didn't think you were going to make it."
(b) "You're going to get yourself killed."
(c) "I'm going to do it that way next year."
(d) "Your head is bleeding."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gary stop right after leaving Ophir?
2. What does Gary do when he first gets home after he encounters the snared doe?
3. Where is the first official race checkpoint?
4. What becomes Gary's mantra?
5. What does Ruth think will be Gary's biggest problem in the race?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)