|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Race: Skwentna; Finger Lake.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first official race checkpoint?
(a) Eagle River.
2. What is one mistake that Gary makes right before the race starts?
(a) He forgets to tie up the dogs.
(b) He gets in the wrong line order.
(c) He forgets to bring his hat.
(d) He changes his lead dog.
3. According to Gary, what is "the be-all and end-all of running dogs on the Iditarod"?
(a) A tight tug.
(c) Healthy dogs.
(d) A healthy musher.
4. What does the checker at Finger lake offer to Gary's team?
(b) Fresh meat.
(c) Straw beds.
5. How do the dogs react when Marge enters the camp?
(a) They fight with her.
(b) They bark at her.
(c) They wag their tails and nuzzle her.
(d) They chase her away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Gary harness his "problem" dogs?
2. How far does Gary and his team get before leaving the trail from Anchorage?
3. What does Gary see right after he unzips his sleeping bag and stands up at the end of the Prelude?
4. About how many teams entered the race?
5. How does the other musher's lead dog die on the trapping trail?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)