|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Race: Skwentna; Finger Lake.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth think will be Gary's biggest problem in the race?
(a) Having enough supplies.
(b) Getting enough rest.
(c) Getting the dogs to stop at Nome.
(d) Finishing it.
2. Why isn't Gary worried when he doesn't see any other teams on the trail after he leaves Anchorage?
(a) He knows that the other teams are too far ahead of him.
(b) He knows he will see them later.
(c) He trusts Cookie.
(d) It is dark.
3. What does Gary see right after he unzips his sleeping bag and stands up at the end of the Prelude?
(a) The Alaska Range.
(b) His dogs.
(c) The food bag.
(d) The sled.
4. What is the setting at the beginning of the book?
(a) In the Colorado mountains.
(b) Near the Alaska Range.
(c) In the northern woods of Minnesota.
(d) On the Iditarod trail.
5. How do the dogs react when Marge enters the camp?
(a) They wag their tails and nuzzle her.
(b) They fight with her.
(c) They bark at her.
(d) They chase her away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the trail that the team runs in "First Snow"?
2. How does Crackers seem when Gary works ointment into the dog's feet at the beginning of the book?
3. How far does Gary and his team get before leaving the trail from Anchorage?
4. When do Gary and the dogs arrive in Alaska?
5. What is something Gary does NOT ask at the pre-race rookie meeting?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)