|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Race: Skwentna; Finger Lake.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Gary harness his "problem" dogs?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Every four days.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Every two days.
2. What does Gary see Marge hunt?
3. What does Gary see right after he unzips his sleeping bag and stands up at the end of the Prelude?
(a) His dogs.
(b) The sled.
(c) The Alaska Range.
(d) The food bag.
4. According to Gary, what is "the be-all and end-all of running dogs on the Iditarod"?
(a) Healthy dogs.
(c) A healthy musher.
(d) A tight tug.
5. About how many miles does Gary add by taking the wrong trail out of Anchorage?
(a) One hundred twenty.
(d) Four hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the trapping trail outside of Anchorage end?
2. What does it mean when a musher comes from "Down Below"?
3. What does Gary do when he finds a snared doe while training for his first race?
4. During race training, how long does Marge stay with Gary and his team?
5. According to Gary, what is the race primarily about?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)