|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Race: Skwentna; Finger Lake.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary write is the most important fact about skunks when running dogs?
(a) They stink.
(b) They are nocturnal.
(c) They may carry rabies.
(d) They scare dogs.
2. What does the command "Haw" mean?
3. When do Gary and the dogs arrive in Alaska?
(a) Early February.
(b) Late January.
(c) Late November.
(d) Late December.
4. About how many miles does Gary add by taking the wrong trail out of Anchorage?
(a) Four hundred.
(d) One hundred twenty.
5. How often does Gary harness his "problem" dogs?
(a) Every four days.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Every two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. The mushers need to be in Anchorage how long before the start of the race?
2. How does Crackers seem when Gary works ointment into the dog's feet at the beginning of the book?
3. Why doesn't Gary feel pain when the snow hook pierces his boot?
4. What does Gary say he had when he started training for his first Iditarod?
5. In "Dogs from Hell," which of these things does NOT happen to Gary when he was looking for the dogs?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)