|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Race: Pre-Race; Eagle River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Gary spend in the back of the truck with the dogs when he brings them home from Canada?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Less than 30 minutes.
(c) All night.
(d) All day.
2. Where is the first official race checkpoint?
(d) Eagle River.
3. According to Gary, what is "the be-all and end-all of running dogs on the Iditarod"?
(a) Healthy dogs.
(b) A healthy musher.
(c) A tight tug.
4. What happens when the team gets to the end of the driveway to run in the first snow of the season?
(a) Gary steers the team to the left.
(b) A moose appears.
(c) Gary is thrown off the sled.
(d) Cookie turns onto the old trapline trail.
5. After Devil falls in "First Snow", why isn't he run over by the sled?
(a) The sled swerved away from Devil.
(b) Devil rolled out of the way.
(c) Murphy pulled Devil up by his harness.
(d) The sled stopped just in time.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Alaska", how does Gary feel about the start of the race?
2. Which of these is NOT a mistake Gary makes when he starts training?
3. What is the "presence" that Gary feels in the Prelude?
4. What does it mean when a musher comes from "Down Below"?
5. When do Gary and the dogs arrive in Alaska?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)