|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Race: Pre-Race; Eagle River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the dogs run towards the beaver on the frozen lake while Gary is training for his first race?
(a) To kill it because it is a threat.
(b) To scare it away.
(c) To see what it is.
(d) To kill it for food.
2. At the start of "Beginnings", how long has Gary been running dogs?
(a) Almost two years.
(b) Almost two months.
(c) He has just started to run dogs.
(d) Almost a year.
3. What does Gary write is the most important fact about skunks when running dogs?
(a) They stink.
(b) They are nocturnal.
(c) They scare dogs.
(d) They may carry rabies.
4. How do the dogs react when Marge enters the camp?
(a) They wag their tails and nuzzle her.
(b) They bark at her.
(c) They chase her away.
(d) They fight with her.
5. Where does Gary get the old bike he uses for dog running?
(a) At an auction.
(b) From a neighbor.
(c) It was his childhood bike.
(d) He found it in the barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Devil do when Gary says, "Hi"?
2. What does Ruth say about running the dogs after the first snow?
3. In the opening story of the book, where does Gary end up after he is blown sideways?
4. Why doesn't Gary shoot the beaver in "Beginnings" after he aims his gun?
5. How long does Gary spend in the back of the truck with the dogs when he brings them home from Canada?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)