|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dogs: Becoming Dog; First Snow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during Gary's second night in the kennel?
(a) Gary decides he won't use a sleeping bag.
(b) Devil wags his tail at Gary.
(c) Devil destroys Gary's sleeping bag.
(d) Devil sleeps on top of Gary.
2. What does Gary see Marge hunt?
3. While training for his first race, why doesn't Gary sleep well?
(a) The scenery is too beautiful.
(b) The dogs are whining.
(c) A moose comes too close.
(d) He is hungry.
4. What happens when the team gets to the end of the driveway to run in the first snow of the season?
(a) Gary steers the team to the left.
(b) Gary is thrown off the sled.
(c) A moose appears.
(d) Cookie turns onto the old trapline trail.
5. What does Gary write is the most important fact about skunks when running dogs?
(a) They stink.
(b) They may carry rabies.
(c) They scare dogs.
(d) They are nocturnal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Crackers seem when Gary works ointment into the dog's feet at the beginning of the book?
2. In "Dogs from Hell," which of these things does NOT happen to Gary when he was looking for the dogs?
3. What is the setting at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Gary do when he finds a snared doe while training for his first race?
5. What does Ruth think will be Gary's biggest problem in the race?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)