|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dogs: Becoming Dog; First Snow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary do when he first gets home after he encounters the snared doe?
(a) He sits on top of Cookie's house.
(b) He goes to the kitchen to get food.
(c) He makes a fire.
(d) He quietly enters the house and gets into bed.
2. Which experience does Gary NOT share with the dogs in "Becoming Dog"?
(a) He eats the dogs' food.
(b) He sings a night song with the dogs.
(c) He cooks in the kennel.
(d) He urinates in the kennel.
3. After Devil falls in "First Snow", why isn't he run over by the sled?
(a) Devil rolled out of the way.
(b) The sled stopped just in time.
(c) The sled swerved away from Devil.
(d) Murphy pulled Devil up by his harness.
4. What happens when the team gets to the end of the driveway to run in the first snow of the season?
(a) Cookie turns onto the old trapline trail.
(b) Gary steers the team to the left.
(c) A moose appears.
(d) Gary is thrown off the sled.
5. What does Ruth say to Gary after his skunk encounter in "Major Wrecks"?
(a) "What's that smell?"
(b) "You need a shower."
(c) "Why don't you change your clothes?"
(d) "What happened to you?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gary sleep after his skunk encounter?
2. Why do the dogs run towards the beaver on the frozen lake while Gary is training for his first race?
3. How often does Gary harness his "problem" dogs?
4. What does Gary write is the most important fact about skunks when running dogs?
5. What does Ruth say about running the dogs after the first snow?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)