|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beginnings: Dogs from Hell; Major Wrecks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a mistake Gary makes when he starts training?
(a) He uses too many dogs.
(b) He doesn't use enough dogs.
(c) He loads his rig with gear.
(d) He doesn't feed the dogs meat.
2. In the opening story of the book, where does Gary end up after he is blown sideways?
(a) On top of one of the dogs.
(b) At the bottom of a canyon.
(c) Against a rocky outcropping.
(d) Under an avalanche of snow.
3. What does Gary do when he first gets home after he encounters the snared doe?
(a) He sits on top of Cookie's house.
(b) He goes to the kitchen to get food.
(c) He quietly enters the house and gets into bed.
(d) He makes a fire.
4. What does Ruth say to Gary right before he starts his dog run with the bike?
(a) "I hope to see you for dinner tonight, in one piece."
(b) "Don't you think you might have rather more dogs than you need?"
(c) "Be careful this time. You know what happened during your last run."
(d) "Let me help you harness those rascals."
5. The Canadian dogs remind Ruth of what?
(a) A major storm.
(b) Tasmanian Devils.
(c) Gary's original trapping team.
(d) Bikers that Gary had once brought home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the command "Haw" mean?
2. In the Prelude, what does Gary notice that finally triggers his "survival code?"
3. How often does Gary harness his "problem" dogs?
4. Where does Gary sleep after his skunk encounter?
5. How do the dogs react when Marge enters the camp?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)