|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beginnings: Dogs from Hell; Major Wrecks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the command "Haw" mean?
2. Which of these is NOT a mistake Gary makes when he starts training?
(a) He uses too many dogs.
(b) He loads his rig with gear.
(c) He doesn't use enough dogs.
(d) He doesn't feed the dogs meat.
3. How does Crackers seem when Gary works ointment into the dog's feet at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Gary carry a gun?
(a) To hunt.
(b) To protect himself from his dogs.
(c) To shoot feral dogs.
(d) To protect himself against other mushers.
5. What does Ruth say to Gary when she brings him soup in "Beginnings"?
(a) "You're going to run the race, aren't you?"
(b) "You need to start earning some money."
(c) "You should get some rest."
(d) "You should think about giving up on the race."
Short Answer Questions
1. While training for his first race, why doesn't Gary sleep well?
2. In the opening story of the book, where does Gary end up after he is blown sideways?
3. The Canadian dogs remind Ruth of what?
4. According to Gary, what is the most important tenet of running dogs?
5. How do the dogs react when Marge enters the camp?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)