|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beginnings: Dogs from Hell; Major Wrecks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary see right after he unzips his sleeping bag and stands up at the end of the Prelude?
(a) The sled.
(b) His dogs.
(c) The Alaska Range.
(d) The food bag.
2. How does Crackers seem when Gary works ointment into the dog's feet at the beginning of the book?
3. In "Dogs from Hell," which of these things does NOT happen to Gary when he was looking for the dogs?
(a) He is covered with wood ticks.
(b) He gets caught in the rain.
(c) He wades in a swamp.
(d) He is bitten by mosquitoes.
4. What does Ruth say to Gary when she brings him soup in "Beginnings"?
(a) "You're going to run the race, aren't you?"
(b) "You should get some rest."
(c) "You should think about giving up on the race."
(d) "You need to start earning some money."
5. The Canadian dogs remind Ruth of what?
(a) Gary's original trapping team.
(b) Bikers that Gary had once brought home.
(c) Tasmanian Devils.
(d) A major storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth say to Gary after his skunk encounter in "Major Wrecks"?
2. What does Gary do when he first gets home after he encounters the snared doe?
3. How do the dogs react when Marge enters the camp?
4. How long does Gary spend in the back of the truck with the dogs when he brings them home from Canada?
5. While training for his first race, why doesn't Gary sleep well?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)