|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dogs: Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean when a musher comes from "Down Below"?
(a) He or she is a native of Alaska.
(b) When racing, he or she comes from behind to win the race.
(c) He or she is from the lower forty-eight states.
(d) He or she comes from a place with below-zero temperatures.
2. Gary discovers that this spice helps dogs eat when they're not hungry.
3. How long is the trail that the team runs in "First Snow"?
(a) About twenty miles.
(b) About ten miles.
(c) About seventy miles.
(d) About one hundred miles.
4. Where does Gary sleep after his skunk encounter?
(a) In the kennel.
(b) In the tub.
(c) On the couch.
(d) In the bed.
5. What does Gary do when he finds a snared doe while training for his first race?
(a) He curses then moves his team along.
(b) He watches the doe struggle and finally die.
(c) He cuts off the noose.
(d) He watches the doe free herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Alaska", how does Gary feel about the start of the race?
2. What does Ruth say to Gary when she brings him soup in "Beginnings"?
3. What does Ruth say to Gary right before he starts his dog run with the bike?
4. What does Ruth think will be Gary's biggest problem in the race?
5. How long does Gary spend in the back of the truck with the dogs when he brings them home from Canada?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)