|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dogs: Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Gary spend in the back of the truck with the dogs when he brings them home from Canada?
(a) Three hours.
(b) All night.
(c) Less than 30 minutes.
(d) All day.
2. What happens during Gary's second night in the kennel?
(a) Devil sleeps on top of Gary.
(b) Gary decides he won't use a sleeping bag.
(c) Devil wags his tail at Gary.
(d) Devil destroys Gary's sleeping bag.
3. About how many dog booties would be needed for one team for the entire race?
(a) Four pairs a day for each dog.
(b) Eleven hundred.
(c) Two thousand.
(d) Six hundred.
4. What does Gary see Marge hunt?
5. How often does Gary harness his "problem" dogs?
(a) Every two days.
(b) Every four days.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dogs does Gary take to Alaska?
2. After Devil falls in "First Snow", why isn't he run over by the sled?
3. What does Gary notice in the picture of a dog team training for the Iditarod?
4. What is the "presence" that Gary feels in the Prelude?
5. Which of these is NOT a mistake Gary makes when he starts training?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)