|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Race: Dalzell Gorge and the Burn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary think as he lies in Dalzell Gorge?
(a) "Where am I?"
(b) "Is the race over?"
(c) "Why am I lying down?"
(d) "Where are my dogs?"
2. What does Gary say to the other musher in Dalzell Gorge?
(a) "Tough race, isn't it?"
(b) "I've got them."
(c) "I'm thinking about quitting."
(d) "Where am I?"
3. When does Gary start thinking like a dog?
(a) When he sleeps with them in the kennel.
(b) When he spends the day on his hands and knees.
(c) When he harnesses himself to the team.
(d) When he is bitten by one of his dogs.
4. Why doesn't Gary feel pain when the snow hook pierces his boot?
(a) The snow hook was pulled right back out.
(b) The point landed between two of his toes.
(c) The point didn't go in very deep.
(d) The point was dull.
5. At the end of "Alaska", how does Gary feel about the start of the race?
(a) He doesn't think he will make it out of Anchorage.
(b) He is worried that he doesn't have enough supplies.
(c) He feels that he and the dogs are ready.
(d) He is worried that he doesn't have enough dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many dog booties would be needed for one team for the entire race?
2. When does the Iditarod race start?
3. About how long does Gary and his team stop at the Finger Lake checkpoint?
4. What does the checker at Finger lake offer to Gary's team?
5. What does Gary do when he finds a snared doe while training for his first race?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)