1. When does the Prelude take place?
(a) Before Gary's first Iditarod race.
(b) During Gary's second Iditarod race.
(c) During Gary's first Iditarod race.
(d) Before Gary's second Iditarod race.
2. What is the setting at the beginning of the book?
(a) On the Iditarod trail.
(b) In the northern woods of Minnesota.
(c) Near the Alaska Range.
(d) In the Colorado mountains.
3. How often does Gary harness his "problem" dogs?
(a) Every four days.
(b) Every two days.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Once a week.
4. In the Prelude Gary writes, "The difficulty came because of ____________."
(a) The snow.
(b) A headache.
(c) The terrain.
(d) The "problem" dogs.
5. How does Crackers seem when Gary works ointment into the dog's feet at the beginning of the book?
6. According to Gary, what is the most important tenet of running dogs?
(a) Change the batteries in your headlamp.
(b) Follow your instincts.
(c) Home is where you are with the dogs and sled.
(d) Bring plenty of food for yourself and the dogs.
This section contains 4,932 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)