• Gary is in Alaska three months before the start of his second Iditarod race.
• When Gary misses the signs of an approaching storm, the lead sled dog is swept sideways, and Gary is ripped from the sled and is blown down the mountain.
• Gary reunites with the dogs and sled. Gary and his team reach camp the next morning, where Gary is finally hit by the realization of his brush with death.
• Gary knows that a sane man would give it all up now, but he also knows that he will never choose to stop sledding.
The Dogs: Beginnings
• Gary uproots his family and moves them to the northern woods of Minnesota, putting them further into debt.
• Gary first used the dogs and sled for transportation, then for income, and later for fun.
• Gary takes the dogs on an extended run, seeing things as he believes his...
This section contains 1,665 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)