|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings live with the yellow-haired girl?
2. The cop works in which division of the police department?
3. What word is used to describe Russ Harper?
4. In what state does the story take place?
5. Where was the body of Jim Harper found?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bruun handle being injured in the SUV? How is he described?
2. What happens when Weather and Bruun reach the hospital?
3. What happens to Weather on the way home from work?
4. What is the news about John Mueller?
5. What is the news from the crime scene unit? How does Davenport react?
6. What is the opinion of the other people on the case regarding Bergen's death?
7. How is the Iceman introduced in Chapter1? What is the man doing?
8. Why is Russ Harper arrested? What is Davenport's suggestion to Harper?
9. What is the result of the conversation with Mueller?
10. Where is the LaCourt house located? How is it placed in proximity to the LaCourts' neighbors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carr and Davenport have an interesting professional relationship. The two veteran cops seem to respect one another. Discuss how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. What are the similarities? What is Shelly's background and how does it compare to Davenport's background?
Essay Topic 2
Lucas Davenport is a Minneapolis cop; Shelly Carr is a small town cop. Compare and contrast the men's personalities, careers, training, and demeanor. Which is the better cop? Which was most effective in the Iceman case? Who was the least effective? Why? What might Davenport and/or Carr done better to resolve the case sooner? Do you think the police will ever know everything about the sex ring and murders? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Father Phil Bergen is murdered and the death is made to look like a suicide. Explain why suicide is highly unlikely for Bergen. Also examine how the death was ruled as a homicide. What could make Bergen commit suicide? What is the Catholic Church's stance on suicide? How does the rule compare to those in other religions? Explain.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)