|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how does Lame Bull react after his encounter with Long Knife?
2. What does the woman who helps the narrator outside the bar in Havre look like?
3. After the encounter with Long Knife, where does the narrator hear that his girlfriend has gone?
4. After the narrator returns home from Malta, he goes to visit an old man. What is his name?
5. What does the narrator take with him when he travels to Malta to find his girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what are Mose and the narrator doing out on the range?
2. While he is in town, where does the narrator spend most of his time and how does this contribute to his trouble?
3. Why does the narrator think Lame Bull has married his mother, and how does he feel about it?
4. How does the narrator react to people who are not from the reservation?
5. After Lame Bull becomes a proprietor, what characteristic does he adopt and what effect does it have?
6. How does Lame Bull treat the narrator and how does it affect him?
7. When the narrator finally speaks with his girlfriend, how does the conversation go?
8. While the narrator is fishing with Lame Bull in Chapter Four, what do they argue about, and why?
9. In Chapter Fourteen, what impression does the girlfriend's brother give the narrator about her?
10. Why does the narrator agree to help the white traveling man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the book, the narrator attempts to rescue a cow and ends up nearly dying. How does this affect his outlook on life? Does that ordeal change him or does he remain unfeeling like he did at the beginning of the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Teresa's memory and attitudes towards his father affect the narrator? Is her influence on him positive or negative? Why?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the book, the family dresses up and attends the funeral of the grandmother. What is ironic about the situation?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)