|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While laying on the ground after his horse falls, what does the narrator find is unexpected?
(a) The peace he feels.
(b) His sorrow at the death of his horse.
(c) The pain in his leg.
(d) The numbness in his legs.
2. How many people does the narrator say are at his grandmother's funeral?
3. In Havre, what does the narrator do when the woman doesn't return with his money?
(a) He pops her tire.
(b) He picks up his car keys.
(c) He scratches her car.
(d) He looks for her in the bar.
4. Before his grandmother's funeral, while he is out on the plains alone, what emotion does the narrator realize?
5. After the grandmother's death, what does Lame Bull bring home to commemorate her life?
(b) A pipe.
(c) A new horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator finds the cow trapped in the mud, what is his first reaction?
2. Upon Ferdinand Horn's second visit, what does the narrator tell him that surprises him?
3. What does the narrator decide to do while attending his grandmother's funeral?
4. When Ferdinand Horn visits for the second time, what does the narrator lie to him about?
5. After returning from Havre, where does Teresa say they have taken her mother's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the narrator sees the white man arrested, how is he treated by the other bar patrons?
2. When the narrator returns home from Havre, how does he feel?
3. While the narrator is riding home from Havre, what does he notice about the little girl in the car and how is that significant?
4. After the narrator sleeps with Marlene, what is different about him?
5. Why does First Raise take the narrator to visit Yellow Calf and why is that significant?
6. Based on the behavior of the white traveling man, what may have happened if the narrator had driven him over the border?
7. When the narrator walks out on the plains after his grandmother's death, what does he tell Old Bird?
8. When the narrator goes out to visit Yellow Calf the second time, how is his visit significant to the story?
9. When the narrator nearly dies in Chapter 42, what does he suddenly understand about dying?
10. In Chapter 42, while the narrator begins to lose consciousness after his horse slips, what does he realize?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)