|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does First Raise die?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Alcohol poisoning.
(c) He was crushed under a tractor.
(d) He froze to death.
2. In Havre, who does the white traveler say is following him?
(a) The Mafia.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) The F.B.I.
3. When the narrator meets a woman in the bar in Harlem, what initials are tattooed on her ring finger?
4. What does the narrator call the shack on the hill near his home?
(a) A dump.
(b) The burrows.
(c) The earthboy place.
(d) The hollow place.
5. What animal was killed because it attacked the narrator as a child?
(a) A mule.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A dog.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the encounter with Long Knife, where does the narrator hear that his girlfriend has gone?
2. After talking to his girlfriend and being beaten in the Havre bar, what does the narrator wake up to find he is missing?
3. When the narrator works in the rehabilitation clinic, why does he decide to leave?
4. How much money does the narrator give to the woman who talks to him after he has been beaten in Havre?
5. Who does the narrator see in front of the Silver Dollar bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Yellow Calf, the old man, like?
2. What does the narrator dislike about the relationship between the priest and his mother?
3. When the narrator finally speaks with his girlfriend, how does the conversation go?
4. After meeting the traveling white man for the second time, what does the narrator think about him?
5. While he is in town, where does the narrator spend most of his time and how does this contribute to his trouble?
6. After meeting with his girlfriend and being beaten, why does the narrator agree to drink with another woman?
7. Why does the narrator think Lame Bull has married his mother, and how does he feel about it?
8. How does Lame Bull treat the narrator and how does it affect him?
9. Based on the information the author has given us up to Chapter Sixteen, how is the narrator's financial situation?
10. After being beaten by Dougie, why doesn't the narrator retaliate?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)