|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the cafe in Havre, what happens after the white traveler leaves?
(a) An old man dies.
(b) A police officer walks in.
(c) The narrator throws up.
(d) The waitress wants her money.
2. What does the narrator dream about while staying in Malta?
(a) A boy on a horse.
(b) A crashing plane.
(c) A chugging tractor.
(d) A bloody river.
3. After losing Dougie in Malta, the narrator walks through a movie theater. Who does he see on the screen?
(a) Orson Welles.
(b) Doris Day.
(c) Greta Garbo.
(d) Audrey Hepburn.
4. In the bar in Malta, why does the narrator lie to the bartender about knowing Lame Bull?
(a) Because he wants to forget he is married to his mother.
(b) Because Lame Bull caused trouble there.
(c) Because he dislikes his stepfather.
(d) Because he wants to pretend he is someone else.
5. What person does the narrator's mother drink with that he seems to dislike?
(a) Lame Bull.
(b) The priest.
(c) A local woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tribe is the narrator's girlfriend from?
2. What tribe is the narrator's grandmother from originally?
3. What does the narrator's father dream about, but never does?
4. How do the ducks that First Raise wins at the fair end up dying?
5. While out on the range, what does Mose tell the narrator he will do with the ammo he is going to buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the narrator goes fishing in Chapter Three, what is significant about the color of the river?
2. After being beaten by Dougie, why doesn't the narrator retaliate?
3. While herding cattle, what do Mose and the narrator discuss?
4. What is Yellow Calf, the old man, like?
5. After meeting with his girlfriend and being beaten, why does the narrator agree to drink with another woman?
6. Other than his family members, how does the narrator interact with women?
7. Based on his reactions so far, does the narrator seem to be a compassionate person? Why or why not?
8. When Lame Bull and Teresa return from Malta in Chapter Six, what is different about them and how does this change the direction of the plot?
9. How does Lame Bull treat the narrator and how does it affect him?
10. Why does the narrator think Lame Bull has married his mother, and how does he feel about it?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)