|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the white traveler is taken away from Havre, who does the narrator wish he could find?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) The barmaid.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) His father's friend.
2. How does Mose die?
(a) He slips out of the stirrup and drowns in the ditch.
(b) He is thrown from his horse.
(c) He is hit by a car.
(d) He falls and is trampled by the cattle.
3. In the family graveyard, what material does the family use for grave markers?
4. After returning from Havre, where does Teresa say they have taken her mother's body?
(a) To the barn.
(b) To Harlem.
(c) To the church.
(d) To the burial ground.
5. Upon Ferdinand Horn's second visit, what does the narrator tell him that surprises him?
(a) That they have more than 12 acres.
(b) That Yellow Calf is still alive.
(c) That Lame Bull is the same age as Teresa.
(d) That their cattle have recently been branded.
6. What is the first thing the narrator does after arriving at the Palace Bar in Havre?
(a) He washes his bloody face.
(b) He plays the quarter machine.
(c) He orders a drink.
(d) He searches for the woman who took his money.
7. While traveling home from Havre, what do the parents of the little girl in the car say has caused her illness?
(a) She is making it up.
(b) She is upset.
(c) The water.
(d) The heat.
8. After the grandmother's death, what does Yellow Calf reveal to the narrator?
(a) That the grandmother was not Blackfeet.
(b) That the grandmother owed him money.
(c) That he truly owned Lame Bull's land.
(d) That he knew the narrator's grandmother.
9. After returning from Havre and bathing, who does the narrator find is still on the ranch with him?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His stepfather.
(c) His dog.
(d) The animals.
10. What tool does the narrator use to try and pull her out?
(a) His hands alone.
(b) A rope.
(c) The truck.
(d) The tractor.
11. After his escapades in Havre, who does the narrator ride with on his way home?
(a) A rancher and his family.
(b) A professor and his family.
(c) A businessman and his family.
(d) A hutterite family.
12. After sleeping with Marlene, what about her makes it hard for the narrator to look at her?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her tears.
(d) Her facial expression.
13. Throughout all the years that the grandmother and Yellow Calf were separated, how far did they live from one another?
(a) Six miles.
(b) Three miles.
(c) Two miles.
(d) One mile.
14. After sleeping with Marlene, what does the narrator find is wrong with his face?
(a) It is not the face of his father.
(b) His nose is swollen.
(c) It is an Indian face.
(d) Too many people know what he looks like.
15. What is the name of the bartender in the Palace Bar in Havre?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the old woman dies, what preoccupies Ferdinand Horn during his conversation with the narrator?
2. After returning home from Havre, what does the narrator notice is different about his home?
3. After several hard days in Havre, what does the narrator wish would happen to him?
4. While the narrator is losing consciousness after Old Bird falls, what does he hear?
5. When the narrator goes to visit Yellow Calf for the second time, what has changed about him?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)