|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the death of the narrator's grandmother, he finds out the priest will be sent away. Where is he going?
(a) To Idaho.
(b) To Rome.
(c) To Lewistown.
(d) To Wyoming.
2. After rescuing the cow, what does the narrator realize about his male relatives as he lays on the ground?
(a) They were picky people.
(b) They were the only ones he really loved.
(c) They left him too soon.
(d) They are calling him.
3. While digging his grandmother's grave, what do the narrator and Lame Bull disagree about?
(a) The location of the grave.
(b) The length of the grave.
(c) The amount each man will dig.
(d) The depth of the grave.
4. After returning from Havre, where does Teresa say they have taken her mother's body?
(a) To the burial ground.
(b) To the church.
(c) To Harlem.
(d) To the barn.
5. After sleeping with Marlene, what emotion does her appearance elicit in the narrator?
(d) He doesn't feel any emotion.
6. After the old woman became a widow, what does the text say Yellow Calf did for her?
(a) Built a teepee.
(b) Kept others away.
(d) Made fires.
7. After sleeping with Marlene, what does the narrator find is wrong with his face?
(a) It is an Indian face.
(b) His nose is swollen.
(c) It is not the face of his father.
(d) Too many people know what he looks like.
8. After the white traveler is taken away from Havre, who does the narrator wish he could find?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) The barmaid.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His father's friend.
9. What does the narrator do after the white traveler is taken away?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Considers going home.
(c) Goes back to the bar.
(d) Sits on the curb.
10. After his escapades in Havre, who does the narrator ride with on his way home?
(a) A rancher and his family.
(b) A professor and his family.
(c) A businessman and his family.
(d) A hutterite family.
11. After sleeping with Marlene, what about her makes it hard for the narrator to look at her?
(a) Her tears.
(b) Her weight.
(c) Her facial expression.
(d) Her eyes.
12. After his grandmother's death, what does the narrator finally remember?
(a) His love for his mother.
(b) Why he loves his girlfriend.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother's death.
13. While Mose and the narrator are herding cattle, what time of day is it when they reach the gate?
14. How old is Mose when he dies?
15. While laying on the ground after his horse falls, what does the narrator find is unexpected?
(a) His sorrow at the death of his horse.
(b) The peace he feels.
(c) The pain in his leg.
(d) The numbness in his legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. After several hard days in Havre, what does the narrator wish would happen to him?
2. While Mose and the narrator are herding cattle, what goes wrong?
3. What kinds of questions do the family members ask the narrator while they give him a ride home from Havre?
4. What tool does the narrator use to try and pull her out?
5. After digging his grandmother's grave, what does the coming storm make the narrator ponder?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)