|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Yellow Calf give for the grandmother being abandoned by her tribe?
(a) Her attitude.
(b) She was bad luck.
(c) She was beautifuul.
(d) Her lowly position.
2. How many years did the old woman and Yellow Calf live near one another without living together?
3. After several hard days in Havre, what does the narrator wish would happen to him?
(a) That he would be erased.
(b) That he would find a fortune.
(c) That he would find his girlfriend.
(d) That he would be arrested and get it over with.
4. After the white traveler is taken away from Havre, who does the narrator wish he could find?
(a) The barmaid.
(b) His father's friend.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) His girlfriend.
5. As a child visiting Yellow Calf, what did the narrator and his escort take with them?
(a) A bag of deer meat.
(d) Rubber boots.
6. How does Teresa react to the death of her mother?
(a) She disappears into her bedroom.
(b) She begins working too hard.
(c) She becomes angry.
(d) She becomes drunk.
7. When the narrator goes to visit Yellow Calf for the second time, what has changed about him?
(a) He is unhappy.
(b) He has cut his hand.
(c) He wears shoes.
(d) He has sunk into dementia.
8. What does the narrator do on his way to visit Yellow Calf, after his grandmother's death?
(a) He sits alone under a tree.
(b) He becomes lost.
(c) He breaks the fence.
(d) He cries.
9. How many years are between Yellow Calf and the old woman?
10. After returning from Havre, where does Teresa say they have taken her mother's body?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the burial ground.
(c) To Harlem.
(d) To the barn.
11. While Mose and the narrator are herding cattle, what time of day is it when they reach the gate?
12. What goes wrong at the grandmother's funeral?
(a) The wind blows the coffin over.
(b) Teresa forgets the grave marker.
(c) The coffin doesn't fit.
(d) Lame Bull doesn't attend.
13. Who first takes the narrator to see his grandfather?
(a) First Raise.
(c) The old woman.
14. After his escapades in Havre, who does the narrator ride with on his way home?
(a) A hutterite family.
(b) A businessman and his family.
(c) A rancher and his family.
(d) A professor and his family.
15. While pulling the cow out of the mud, what does the narrator realize about his feelings toward Lame Bull?
(a) He doesn't believe he will come back.
(b) He may have killed his father.
(c) He married Teresa for her money.
(d) He is better than his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning home from Havre, what does the narrator notice is different about his home?
2. After his grandmother's death, what does the narrator finally remember?
3. After the grandmother's death, what does Yellow Calf reveal to the narrator?
4. After the death of the narrator's grandmother, he finds out the priest will be sent away. Where is he going?
5. After returning from Havre and bathing, who does the narrator find is still on the ranch with him?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)