|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While out on the range, what does Mose tell the narrator he will do with the ammo he is going to buy?
(a) Kill a big buck.
(b) Hoard it.
(c) Kill his worthless horse.
(d) Give it to his father for a hunting trip.
2. How does the family celebrate the marriage of Lame Bull and Teresa?
(a) By throwing a party.
(b) By driving through the streets.
(c) By drinking at home.
(d) With dancing.
3. Where does the narrator work when he goes outside the reservation?
4. In Malta, what subject does the narrator argue with the other hotel bar patrons about?
5. What is the weather like on the day the narrator and his brother go out to the range?
(b) Overcast, but warm.
(c) Cold and windy.
(d) Just cloudy.
6. What is the name of the woman who gives the narrator a ride to Havre?
7. Who most likely gave the narrator a black eye?
(a) His stepfather.
(b) The white man.
(c) A woman.
(d) The bartender.
8. What does the narrator take with him when he travels to Malta to find his girlfriend?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) His wallet.
(c) A paper sack with clothes.
(d) A knife.
9. After the encounter with Long Knife, where does the narrator hear that his girlfriend has gone?
(a) To Malta.
(b) To Havre.
(c) To Chinook.
(d) To Durham.
10. While in Havre, who does the white traveler plan to send his "sentimental gift" to?
(a) His daughter.
(b) A prostitute in the hotel.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His ex-wife.
11. In Malta, what does Dougie convince the narrator to do?
(a) Help him rob a drunk.
(b) Break into a car.
(c) Buy him a beer.
(d) Give him some cash.
12. What does the white traveler offer to do for the narrator if he will help him?
(a) Buy him a car.
(b) Pay him.
(c) Help him find his girlfriend.
(d) Give him a ride.
13. After being beaten in the Havre bar, who helps the narrator?
(a) A woman with children.
(b) A barmaid.
(c) The bartender.
(d) A prostitute.
14. While out on the range, what food do the narrator and his brother have with them?
(c) Fry bread.
(d) Candy bars.
15. In Chapter 5, what does the narrator find that he thinks will help him with fishing?
(a) A broken watch.
(b) A coupon.
(c) A cheap ring.
(d) A charm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dwelling did Lame Bull live in before?
2. What do the local people think caused the river to turn milky white?
3. What does the woman who helps the narrator outside the bar in Havre look like?
4. While in Malta, what is the narrator constantly afraid of as he walks through town?
5. While out on the range, what question does the narrator ask his brother about their father?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)