|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides the white traveler, who else does the narrator meet in the hotel bar in Malta?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A college student.
(c) A friendly barmaid.
(d) An insurance salesman.
2. What tribe is the narrator's grandmother from originally?
(a) Gros Ventres.
(b) The Blackfeet.
(d) The Crow.
3. While talking to the woman in the Harlem bar, where does the narrator find out she went to find work?
4. What tribe is the narrator's girlfriend from?
(d) Gros Ventre.
5. What event does the narrator discuss with Lame Bull while fishing at the river?
(a) His birth.
(b) The day he met her mother.
(c) His father's death.
(d) The flood.
6. What does the narrator find in his father's toolbox that he takes fishing with him?
(a) A long string.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A pair of boots.
(d) A wrench.
7. What does the narrator give to his grandmother after Teresa and Lame Bull leave the house?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) Her pipe.
(d) A lecture.
8. What does the narrator dream about while staying in Malta?
(a) A bloody river.
(b) A chugging tractor.
(c) A boy on a horse.
(d) A crashing plane.
9. While in Havre, who does the white traveler plan to send his "sentimental gift" to?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His daughter.
(d) A prostitute in the hotel.
10. What animal was killed because it attacked the narrator as a child?
(a) A mule.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A horse.
(d) A dog.
11. What does Lame Bull start wearing as the new proprietor of a large ranch?
(a) A big hat.
(b) A bolo tie.
(c) A constant grin.
(d) A large belt buckle.
12. What is the name of the narrator's horse?
(b) Old Bird.
13. After losing Dougie in Malta, the narrator walks through a movie theater. Who does he see on the screen?
(a) Greta Garbo.
(b) Audrey Hepburn.
(c) Orson Welles.
(d) Doris Day.
14. What does the white traveler offer to do for the narrator if he will help him?
(a) Help him find his girlfriend.
(b) Buy him a car.
(c) Pay him.
(d) Give him a ride.
15. In Havre, the narrator meets the white traveling man again. Why does the white man leave so quickly?
(a) He didn't want to see him.
(b) The narrator offends him.
(c) Someone else enters the cafe.
(d) He cannot pay for his meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman who helps the narrator outside the bar in Havre look like?
2. What is the weather like on the day the narrator and his brother go out to the range?
3. After being beaten in the Havre bar, who helps the narrator?
4. When Teresa and Lame Bull leave the house together, where do they go?
5. When the narrator meets a woman in the bar in Harlem, what initials are tattooed on her ring finger?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)