|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's father dream about, but never does?
(a) Traveling to the coast.
(b) Taking an Elk in Glacier Park.
(c) Securing a job in Havre.
(d) Buying a horse.
2. Besides the white traveler, who else does the narrator meet in the hotel bar in Malta?
(a) An insurance salesman.
(b) A college student.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A friendly barmaid.
3. In Chapter 10, what member of Long Knife's family contributes to his reputation as a good worker?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His grandfather.
4. When the narrator arrives in Malta to find his girlfriend, where does he go first?
(a) Railroad bar.
(b) Dougie's bar.
(c) King's bar.
(d) Minough's bar.
5. In Havre, the narrator meets the white traveling man again. Why does the white man leave so quickly?
(a) The narrator offends him.
(b) Someone else enters the cafe.
(c) He didn't want to see him.
(d) He cannot pay for his meal.
6. What does the white traveler offer to do for the narrator if he will help him?
(a) Pay him.
(b) Give him a ride.
(c) Buy him a car.
(d) Help him find his girlfriend.
7. In Malta, what does Dougie convince the narrator to do?
(a) Buy him a beer.
(b) Break into a car.
(c) Help him rob a drunk.
(d) Give him some cash.
8. How does Standing Bear, the husband of the grandmother, die?
(b) During a raid on another tribe.
(c) A knife wound.
9. Where does the narrator work when he goes outside the reservation?
10. After the narrator returns home from Malta, he goes to visit an old man. What is his name?
(a) Long Knife.
(b) White Bear.
(c) Yellow Calf.
11. After meeting the white traveler in Havre, where does the narrator suggest the man take him?
12. When was the last time the narrator saw the old man?
(a) Six months ago.
(b) He has never seen him before.
(c) At his father's funeral.
(d) When he was a child.
13. What is the name of the narrator's girlfriend?
14. What animal was killed because it attacked the narrator as a child?
(a) A dog.
(b) A mule.
(c) A horse.
(d) A turkey.
15. What does the narrator take with him when he travels to Malta to find his girlfriend?
(a) A knife.
(b) A paper sack with clothes.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) His wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in Havre, the narrator remembers a day with his brother. Where were he and his brother going?
2. In the bar in Malta, why does the narrator lie to the bartender about knowing Lame Bull?
3. What is the name of the narrator's father?
4. What does the narrator call the shack on the hill near his home?
5. In Chapter 13, before going to Malta, what does the narrator do for his mother?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)