|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's brother?
2. While out on the range, what does Mose tell the narrator he will do with the ammo he is going to buy?
(a) Hoard it.
(b) Kill a big buck.
(c) Kill his worthless horse.
(d) Give it to his father for a hunting trip.
3. Why does the narrator go to Havre?
(a) To pay a debt.
(b) To find a job.
(c) Because he is bored.
(d) To find his girl.
4. Besides the white traveler, who else does the narrator meet in the hotel bar in Malta?
(a) An insurance salesman.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A college student.
(d) A friendly barmaid.
5. What tribe is the narrator's girlfriend from?
(b) Gros Ventre.
6. While in the bar in Havre, what does the white traveler win?
(d) A pack of cards.
7. On the drive to Harlem, what memory do the narrator and his mother discuss?
(a) A duck.
(c) A childhood fight.
(d) A lightning storm.
8. What is the name of the narrator's horse?
(a) Old Bird.
9. Where does the white traveler go to meet the narrator after their conversation in the Havre cafe?
(a) Another cafe.
(b) Minough's bar.
(c) The Hotel bar.
(d) The Legion Club.
10. What does the narrator give to his grandmother after Teresa and Lame Bull leave the house?
(a) A lecture.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) Her pipe.
(d) A magazine.
11. When the narrator works in the rehabilitation clinic, why does he decide to leave?
(a) His leg hurt him too much.
(b) He became tired of the labor.
(c) They only hired him because he was Indian.
(d) He was fired.
12. What kind of dwelling did Lame Bull live in before?
(a) A mud hut.
(b) A cave.
(c) A trailer house.
(d) A cabin.
13. While in Havre, who does the white traveler plan to send his "sentimental gift" to?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His daughter.
(c) A prostitute in the hotel.
(d) His ex-wife.
14. After the narrator returns home from Malta, he goes to visit an old man. What is his name?
(a) White Bear.
(b) Long Knife.
(d) Yellow Calf.
15. In Havre, the narrator meets the white traveling man again. Why does the white man leave so quickly?
(a) Someone else enters the cafe.
(b) He cannot pay for his meal.
(c) The narrator offends him.
(d) He didn't want to see him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the cafe in Havre, what happens after the white traveler leaves?
2. In Havre, who does the white traveler say is following him?
3. When Teresa and Lame Bull leave the house together, where do they go?
4. What does the narrator find in his father's toolbox that he takes fishing with him?
5. While in Malta, what does the narrator do with the letter he picked up for his mother in Dodson?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)