|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his night with Marlene, where does the narrator walk out to?
(a) To the old buffalo jump.
(b) To another bar.
(c) Toward Chinook.
(d) Away from Havre.
2. When the narrator works in the rehabilitation clinic, why does he decide to leave?
(a) He was fired.
(b) He became tired of the labor.
(c) His leg hurt him too much.
(d) They only hired him because he was Indian.
3. After digging his grandmother's grave, what does the coming storm make the narrator ponder?
(a) "It rains too much here."
(b) "We shouldn't have run them."
(c) "The hole is going to be filled."
(d) "Death always comes with a storm."
4. While out on the range, what does Mose tell the narrator he will do with the ammo he is going to buy?
(a) Kill his worthless horse.
(b) Kill a big buck.
(c) Hoard it.
(d) Give it to his father for a hunting trip.
5. While the narrator and Mose are herding cattle, which type of cow goes first?
(a) The heifers.
(b) The bulls.
(c) They were all together.
(d) The calves.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the bar in Malta, why does the narrator lie to the bartender about knowing Lame Bull?
2. In Malta, what does the narrator do with the keys to the car after he spots the white traveler talking to someone?
3. When the narrator goes to visit Yellow Calf for the second time, what has changed about him?
4. Throughout all the years that the grandmother and Yellow Calf were separated, how far did they live from one another?
5. In Chapter 11, how does Lame Bull react after his encounter with Long Knife?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)