|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Malta, what is the narrator constantly afraid of as he walks through town?
(a) Meeting his girlfriend's new man.
(b) The police.
(c) Other Native Americans.
(d) Racist college students.
2. In Havre, who does the white traveler say is following him?
(a) The Mafia.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) The F.B.I.
3. Throughout all the years that the grandmother and Yellow Calf were separated, how far did they live from one another?
(a) Six miles.
(b) One mile.
(c) Three miles.
(d) Two miles.
4. What animal is killed in the story that the narrator reads while sitting with his grandmother?
(a) A wildcat.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bear.
(d) A coyote.
5. After sleeping with Marlene, what does the narrator find is wrong with his face?
(a) His nose is swollen.
(b) It is not the face of his father.
(c) It is an Indian face.
(d) Too many people know what he looks like.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the bar in Malta, why does the narrator lie to the bartender about knowing Lame Bull?
2. Before the narrator heads for Malta, what memories are brought back by the bar in Dodson?
3. What does the narrator give to his grandmother after Teresa and Lame Bull leave the house?
4. While in Havre, who does the narrator see the white traveler talking to?
5. When the grandmother dies, why can't the family bury her immediately?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)