|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the narrator give to the woman who talks to him after he has been beaten in Havre?
(a) Two dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
2. On the day the narrator and his brother are on the range, what do they decide has happened to their missing cow?
(a) She became lost in the woods.
(b) She escaped to another range.
(c) Their father had sold her.
(d) She died in a mudhole.
3. In the hotel bar in Malta, the narrator meets a white man. Where is he from?
(d) New York.
4. After his grandmother's death, what does the narrator finally remember?
(a) Why he loves his girlfriend.
(b) His love for his mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother's death.
5. Before the narrator heads for Malta, what memories are brought back by the bar in Dodson?
(a) Memories of drunken beatings.
(b) Memories of visits from the white men.
(c) Memories of his father.
(d) Memories of school encounters.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the narrator is trying to rescue the cow, what other animal appears nearby to watch?
2. What reason does Yellow Calf give for the grandmother being abandoned by her tribe?
3. Why does the narrator go to Havre?
4. In Malta, who talks to the narrator as soon as he steps out the door of the hotel?
5. While talking to the woman in the Harlem bar, where does the narrator find out she went to find work?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)