|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of questions do the family members ask the narrator while they give him a ride home from Havre?
(a) They ask about good fishing holes.
(b) They ask for directions.
(c) They ask about Indians.
(d) They ask about his family.
2. When the grandmother dies, why can't the family bury her immediately?
(a) Because Teresa has to raise some money.
(b) Because the grave has filled with water.
(c) Because the coroner went fishing.
(d) Because it is customary to wait.
3. In Harlem, what occupation have many of the Native Americans adopted for the summer season?
(a) Fruit picking.
(b) Fire fighting.
4. After digging his grandmother's grave, what does the coming storm make the narrator ponder?
(a) "We shouldn't have run them."
(b) "It rains too much here."
(c) "The hole is going to be filled."
(d) "Death always comes with a storm."
5. Before his grandmother's funeral, what does the narrator decide to take on his visit to Yellow Calf?
(a) His grandmother's pipe.
(b) An axe.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A bundle of tobacco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's mother reveal when he returns home from the bar?
2. When was the last time the narrator saw the old man?
3. What event does the narrator discuss with Lame Bull while fishing at the river?
4. What do the local people think caused the river to turn milky white?
5. When the woman talks to the narrator outside the Havre bar, what does she offer to do for him?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)