|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the narrator heads for Malta, what memories are brought back by the bar in Dodson?
(a) Memories of drunken beatings.
(b) Memories of visits from the white men.
(c) Memories of school encounters.
(d) Memories of his father.
2. How does Standing Bear, the husband of the grandmother, die?
(a) A knife wound.
(d) During a raid on another tribe.
3. How do the ducks that First Raise wins at the fair end up dying?
(a) They became overheated.
(b) They were eaten by a coyote.
(c) They were crushed.
(d) They drowned.
4. What is the name of the narrator's father?
(a) Fast Elk.
(b) Moon Dancer.
(c) First Raise.
(d) Long Knife.
5. How much younger than Teresa is Lame Bull?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Six years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator's grandmother stay with after 25 years as a widow?
2. In Chapter 11, in what sport does Lame Bull's friend say that Long Knife was a champion?
3. What does the narrator's father dream about, but never does?
4. In Chapter 5, what does the narrator find that he thinks will help him with fishing?
5. When the narrator arrives in Malta to find his girlfriend, where does he go first?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)