|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator meets a woman in the bar in Harlem, what initials are tattooed on her ring finger?
2. While talking to the woman in the Harlem bar, where does the narrator find out she went to find work?
3. What do the local people think caused the river to turn milky white?
(a) The Chinook flood.
(b) The sugar beet factory.
(c) Contamination from a mine.
(d) A streak of bad luck.
4. After the narrator returns home from Malta, he goes to visit an old man. What is his name?
(b) Yellow Calf.
(c) White Bear.
(d) Long Knife.
5. When was the last time the narrator saw the old man?
(a) When he was a child.
(b) At his father's funeral.
(c) Six months ago.
(d) He has never seen him before.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator visits Yellow Calf, how does the old man react to the news of the old woman's death?
2. After the white traveler is taken away from Havre, who does the narrator wish he could find?
3. What is the weather like on the day the narrator and his brother go out to the range?
4. What is the last question the man in the car asks the narrator after giving him a ride home from Havre?
5. On the day the narrator and his brother are on the range, what do they decide has happened to their missing cow?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)