|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 17 | Part 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does the narrator discuss with Lame Bull while fishing at the river?
(a) The day he met her mother.
(b) His father's death.
(c) The flood.
(d) His birth.
2. Before the narrator heads for Malta, what memories are brought back by the bar in Dodson?
(a) Memories of drunken beatings.
(b) Memories of school encounters.
(c) Memories of his father.
(d) Memories of visits from the white men.
3. While in Malta, why does the narrator decide he doesn't like the priest who drinks with his mother?
(a) He's cheap.
(b) He's catholic.
(c) He argues with the narrator every time he sees him.
(d) He won't go on the reservation.
4. How does First Raise die?
(a) Alcohol poisoning.
(b) He froze to death.
(c) Car accident.
(d) He was crushed under a tractor.
5. What does Lame Bull grow on his land?
(c) Sugar beets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's father?
2. What does Lame Bull start wearing as the new proprietor of a large ranch?
3. In the bar in Malta, why does the narrator lie to the bartender about knowing Lame Bull?
4. What does the narrator's father dream about, but never does?
5. What does the narrator take with him when he travels to Malta to find his girlfriend?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)