Part 1, Chapter 1 | Part 1, Chapter 2
1. What does the narrator call the shack on the hill near his home?
(a) A dump.
(b) The burrows.
(c) The hollow place.
(d) The earthboy place.
2. Who most likely gave the narrator a black eye?
(a) His stepfather.
(b) The bartender.
(c) The white man.
(d) A woman.
3. What does the narrator's mother reveal when he returns home from the bar?
(a) That his girlfriend has left.
(b) That the police have come by.
(c) That she is kicking him out.
(d) That his dog has died.
4. What tribe is the narrator's girlfriend from?
(d) Gros Ventre.
5. Where do the narrator and his family get their water?
(a) From the tap.
(b) From the Milk River.
(c) They buy it bottled.
(d) From a cistern.
6. What person does the narrator's mother drink with that he seems to dislike?
(b) A local woman.
(c) The priest.
(d) Lame Bull.
Part 1, Chapter 3 | Part 1, Chapter 4
7. What does the narrator find in his father's toolbox that he takes fishing with him?
(a) A wrench.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A pair of boots.
(d) A long string.
This section contains 5,042 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)