|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the new Prime Minister was placed, what position was Churchill appointed to?
2. What group would not accept the deed Churchill and Collins had created?
3. Churchill was seen by the regular man and woman in the street as a:
4. Which two countries refused to send help during the Turkish advance?
5. Whom was irritated by Charles de Gaulle's arrogance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Churchill set up his newly formed cabinet as Prime Minister?
2. What was Churchill's stance on Communism?
3. Where did the term "iron curtain" originate, and what does it mean?
4. What happened on December 7, 1941?
5. Who planned most of the assault of D-day? Why was Churchill out of the planning process?
6. What happened during the election of 1945 in Britain?
7. What happened politically that inadvertently lead to Hitlers rise in Germany? Did Churchill agree with this idea?
8. What happened at the Yalta Conference regarding territorial discussions between Britain and Russia?
9. How old was Churchill when he resigned as Prime Minister, and what did he do after his resignation?
10. What was credited with reviving Churchill physically and mentally? What was the status of Roosevelt as the end of the war nears?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Churchill had great foresight regarding certain political, military, and social issues. What were some of these issues? How did his fellow parliamentary members respond to his ideas and warnings?
Essay Topic 2
How did the 1929 stock market crash in the United States affect other countries?
Essay Topic 3
How did Churchill feel about communism? How did this view affect Churchill's willingness to work with Stalin during WWII?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)