|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hitler's most menacing rearmament measure?
2. What was Hitler's political manifesto called?
3. How old was Churchill when he died?
4. Whom did Hitler agree to divide Poland with?
5. Whom named Churchill as his successor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Churchill do after he did not win re-election?
2. What happened as Churchill struggles to reconstruct his political career?
3. What prevented Churchill from having more authority to prepare Britain for war against Hitler's rising domination?
4. What happened at the Yalta Conference regarding territorial discussions between Britain and Russia?
5. Where did the term "iron curtain" originate, and what does it mean?
6. How did Churchill's assumptions that rebellious citizens could weaken Nazi controlled Europe from within go?
7. Which leaders and countries comprised The Big Three?
8. What were Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain and his cabinet focusing on improving during this time when Hitler was being appeased in Germany?
9. How did The United States deal with the fact that Britain was no longer able to use the "cash and carry" method to buy supplies and weapons from the United States?
10. How did Churchill recoup his losses in the 1929 stock market crash? What physically happened to him while in this pursuit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Churchill was a profound writer and orator. What was it about his speeches in written word and delivery that inspired his fellow countrymen?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the pros and cons of foreign policy. Focus particularly on the creating of military alliances.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the United States of America was taken from passive participant in WWII to actively fighting in the war. What specifically did the United States do as a passive participant and what spurred them to take an active role in the war?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)