|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was President of the United States of America during WWII?
2. According to Churchill, what threatened Europe's common values?
3. Who came to Churchill's aid and helped him during his struggle to regain respect in politics?
4. The 'Big Three" was made up of The United States, Britain and what other country?
5. Which two countries refused to send help during the Turkish advance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Churchill's move that helped turn the tide of the war and beat back Rommel?
2. How did Churchill recoup his losses in the 1929 stock market crash? What physically happened to him while in this pursuit?
3. Who planned most of the assault of D-day? Why was Churchill out of the planning process?
4. What happened as Churchill struggles to reconstruct his political career?
5. How did The United States deal with the fact that Britain was no longer able to use the "cash and carry" method to buy supplies and weapons from the United States?
6. What was the reaction of politicians at the time when Churchill first began to strongly speak out against Communism?
7. What happened to Churchill's Liberal party?
8. What happened during the election of 1945 in Britain?
9. While in The Big Three, what happened to Churchill's status?
10. What happened on December 7, 1941?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After reading this book, has your view of current politics changed? If so, why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Churchill and George Washington had many similarities in the ways they looked at the wars they were commanding. What were some similarities between the Revolutionary War and World War II? Discuss some of the challenges each faced respectively and how they each chose to handle them.
Essay Topic 3
Churchill had many and varying positive personality traits and qualities. What were some of these positive qualities? Conversely, Churchill was not perfect. What were some of the negative personality traits that Churchill had? What, in your opinion, was the most important personality trait that Churchill possessed?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)