|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What army had the British regiment reforms of 1870-1880 been modeled after?
2. What did Keegan do to pass the time while studying abroad?
3. What did Churchill usually have in his hand?
4. Why did Churchill begin to take flying lessons?
5. What were Ark Royal and Iron Duke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Churchill accomplish while at Sandhurst military school?
2. What happened in Tonypandy?
3. During the time of increased German and American economic power, what did Churchill support, despite it becoming less popular with his party?
4. What country challenged Britain for dominance on the high seas?
5. Why was Churchill skeptical of expanding British Imperial holdings?
6. What did Churchill learn from his Army experience?
7. What was Churchill's social life like?
8. After Churchill's retirement, what did he do next in his career?
9. What event hurt Churchill politically and forced his retirement?
10. What kind of student was Churchill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Churchill feel about communism? How did this view affect Churchill's willingness to work with Stalin during WWII?
Essay Topic 2
Churchill and George Washington had many similarities in the ways they looked at the wars they were commanding. What were some similarities between the Revolutionary War and World War II? Discuss some of the challenges each faced respectively and how they each chose to handle them.
Essay Topic 3
Churchill was involved in a terrorist episode with leader Peter the Painter. Discuss what happened with these Russian anarchists in this particular episode. Also discuss what Peter the Painter represented during this time.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)