|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Churchill demand to double two times over?
(a) Army reserves.
(b) Parliamentary salary.
(c) Air Staff.
(d) Military spending.
2. Conventional conservatives regarded Churchill as:
(a) Leadership material.
3. What kind of shoes did Churchill wear?
(a) Zippered shoes.
(b) Military boots.
(c) Penny loafers.
4. Britain found itself at war with Germany for a second time after Hitler attacked what country?
(c) United States.
5. How much food was a British individuals ration for one week during U-boat warfare?
(a) One ounce meat and one loaf of bread.
(b) One egg and a few ounces of meat.
(c) One pound meat and one cup rice.
(d) One quart milk and one loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hitler name the German Air Force?
2. What was Hitler's political manifesto called?
3. What role did Churchill resume as soon as political power was taken from him?
4. Who replaced Roosevelt as President of the United States of America?
5. Whom was irritated by Charles de Gaulle's arrogance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did The United States deal with the fact that Britain was no longer able to use the "cash and carry" method to buy supplies and weapons from the United States?
2. What happened as Churchill struggles to reconstruct his political career?
3. How did Churchill's assumptions that rebellious citizens could weaken Nazi controlled Europe from within go?
4. While in The Big Three, what happened to Churchill's status?
5. Why did Hitler have to put Operation Sea Lion on hold?
6. Where did the term "iron curtain" originate, and what does it mean?
7. What happened to Churchill's Liberal party?
8. What happened at the Yalta Conference regarding territorial discussions between Britain and Russia?
9. What countries were first affected by Hitler's call for a "Greater Germany"?
10. What was the reaction of politicians at the time when Churchill first began to strongly speak out against Communism?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)