|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much food was a British individuals ration for one week during U-boat warfare?
(a) One quart milk and one loaf of bread.
(b) One egg and a few ounces of meat.
(c) One ounce meat and one loaf of bread.
(d) One pound meat and one cup rice.
2. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
(a) Operation Cockade.
(b) Operation Jericho.
(c) Operation Torch.
(d) Operation Overlord.
3. Why did Britain hesitate to spend money on defense in the 1930s?
(a) Fear of antagonizing Hitler.
(b) Fear of upsetting economic progress.
(c) Fear of retalliation from Italy.
(d) Fear of calling attention to themselves.
4. What city was Churchill in when he was hit by a car?
(d) New York.
5. What leader was afraid of flying?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event finally helped lift a great weight off of Churchill and paved the way for building his political career again?
2. Where did the term "commandos" come from?
3. Which two countries refused to send help during the Turkish advance?
4. Who was President of the United States of America during WWII?
5. What country rebelled against the Versailles Treaty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on December 7, 1941?
2. What was the reaction of politicians at the time when Churchill first began to strongly speak out against Communism?
3. When did Churchill give some of his greatest speeches?
4. What prevented Churchill from having more authority to prepare Britain for war against Hitler's rising domination?
5. What happened to Churchill's Liberal party?
6. What happened after Chamberlain was voted out as Prime Minister?
7. How did Churchill set up his newly formed cabinet as Prime Minister?
8. What was Churchill's stance on Communism?
9. Which leaders and countries comprised The Big Three?
10. How did The United States deal with the fact that Britain was no longer able to use the "cash and carry" method to buy supplies and weapons from the United States?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)