|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom was irritated by Charles de Gaulle's arrogance?
2. What ocean liner did Churchill cross the Atlantic in twice in 1943?
(a) RMS Mauretania.
(b) SS Normandie.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Queen Mary.
3. What illness struck Churchill after his car accident?
(a) Small Pox.
(b) Lung Cancer.
(c) Paratyphoid fever.
4. Whom did Hitler agree to divide Poland with?
5. What were the Americans chief war priorities?
(a) Free American Prisoners of War.
(b) Defeat France and go on to defeat Hitler.
(c) Defeat Japan as quick as possible.
(d) Defeat Hitler as quick as possible and go on to defeat Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the German submarine commanders call the sinking of hundreds of merchant ships off the east coast of the U.S.?
2. What kind of shoes did Churchill wear?
3. What country was first to fall to Hitler's military advances?
4. Whom was given the title "The 20th Centuries Great Champion of Liberty?"
5. After Churchill returned from Palestine he was a:
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Chamberlain was voted out as Prime Minister?
2. What did Churchill do after he did not win re-election?
3. What was credited with reviving Churchill physically and mentally? What was the status of Roosevelt as the end of the war nears?
4. How did Churchill's assumptions that rebellious citizens could weaken Nazi controlled Europe from within go?
5. What were Churchill's main acts as Prime Minister, elected for a second time, aimed at?
6. What countries were first affected by Hitler's call for a "Greater Germany"?
7. What happened as Churchill struggles to reconstruct his political career?
8. How old was Churchill when he resigned as Prime Minister, and what did he do after his resignation?
9. What happened politically that inadvertently lead to Hitlers rise in Germany? Did Churchill agree with this idea?
10. What were Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain and his cabinet focusing on improving during this time when Hitler was being appeased in Germany?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)