|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became Prime Minister after Attlee?
(c) Lloyd George.
2. The 'Big Three" was made up of The United States, Britain and what other country?
3. What was Churchill most "ill judged" idea during WWII?
(a) Setting Europe ablaze.
(b) Bombing Pearl Harbor.
(c) Creating a special forces unit.
(d) Aligning with Russia.
4. Churchill suspected Stalin was a:
(d) Front for an underground leadership.
5. What was Churchill awarded in 1953?
(a) Honorary Purple Heart.
(b) Nobel Prize for Literature.
(c) Nobel Peace Prize.
Short Answer Questions
1. Britain found itself at war with Germany for a second time after Hitler attacked what country?
2. Who said, "I think we can generally say today that Hitler's dictatorship is gradually breaking down" before the beginning of WWII?
3. What other country besides Britain was aligned with Poland?
4. What ocean liner did Churchill cross the Atlantic in twice in 1943?
5. What seat did Churchill hold for the rest of his Parliamentary life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hitler do between 1934 and 1936 that violated the Versailles treaty?
2. How did Churchill set up his newly formed cabinet as Prime Minister?
3. Why did Hitler have to put Operation Sea Lion on hold?
4. What was credited with reviving Churchill physically and mentally? What was the status of Roosevelt as the end of the war nears?
5. During his appointment as the Secretary of State for war and air, which two important events did Churchill preside over?
6. What were Churchill's main acts as Prime Minister, elected for a second time, aimed at?
7. When did Churchill give some of his greatest speeches?
8. What was Churchill's move that helped turn the tide of the war and beat back Rommel?
9. What was Churchill's stance on Communism?
10. What happened on December 7, 1941?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)