|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drew Churchill to his wife?
(a) Submissiveness beyond imagination.
(b) Lack of beauty & forthrightness.
(c) Social status.
(d) Intellectual quality & noble sentiment.
2. What kind of child was Churchill?
3. What did Churchill's mother send him while he was in India?
(a) A monthly stipend.
(b) Unsupportive letters.
(c) Boxes of cigars.
(d) Crates of books.
4. What was the first war Churchill was involved in as a soldier?
(a) World War I.
(b) Mexican/Spanish War.
(c) World War II.
(d) Cuban War of Independence.
5. Churchill was committed to what idea?
(a) Tarriff taxes.
(b) Free trade.
(c) Trading within country only.
(d) European trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Lord Randolph Churchill from political office?
2. What did Churchill display that electrifies Keegan?
3. During the Malakand Expedition, British troops held firm. Which group ran in the face of danger?
4. Churchill believed in his country's what above others?
5. How old was Churchill when he married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event hurt Churchill politically and forced his retirement?
2. What did Churchill do after his time with the British Expeditionary Force?
3. After Churchill's retirement, what did he do next in his career?
4. What did Jan Smuts and his "bitterenders" introduce the Western world to?
5. What kind of student was Churchill?
6. What things excluded Lord Randolph Churchill from political office?
7. How did Churchill end up leading the 21st Lancers?
8. While in the Army in India, what was Churchill's focus and passion?
9. What happened when Churchill got involved with the Hussars in India fighting against a group of Muslim Pathans?
10. What did Churchill do after leaving the Army?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)