|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Churchill's common dress was:
(a) Full cut trousers and hand-painted ties.
(b) Wool top coat and felt hat.
(c) Crisp khaki air force uniform.
(d) Shapeless siren suit and stovepipe hat.
2. What sport did Churchill enjoy playing immensely?
(c) Football (soccer).
3. What was Churchill's battalion nicknamed while he was commanding the 6th Royal Scots Fusiliers?
(a) Green Army.
(c) New Army.
4. What did Lloyd George and Churchill battle over?
(a) How to spend funds.
(b) Germany's role in the treaty of Versailles.
(c) Churchill's speeches.
(d) To win a Parliamentary seat.
5. What kind of child was Churchill?
Short Answer Questions
1. As a youth Churchill enjoyed:
2. Which of the following books did Churchill NOT read during his stay in India?
3. What kind of student was Churchill in his early school years?
4. What color was Churchill's horse?
5. Whose biography did Churchill write?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jan Smuts and his "bitterenders" introduce the Western world to?
2. During the time of increased German and American economic power, what did Churchill support, despite it becoming less popular with his party?
3. What country challenged Britain for dominance on the high seas?
4. Whom did Churchill marry and why?
5. After Churchill's retirement, what did he do next in his career?
6. What happened when Churchill got involved with the Hussars in India fighting against a group of Muslim Pathans?
7. What event hurt Churchill politically and forced his retirement?
8. What did Churchill learn from his Army experience?
9. What happened to Churchill during the Boer War?
10. What did Churchill do after his time with the British Expeditionary Force?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)