|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most memorable episode during Churchill's time at the Home Office?
(a) Georgetown fire.
(b) Jack the Ripper.
(d) Peter the Painter.
2. Which country chose to make itself the dominant military State?
(b) United States.
3. What fuel did the Queen Elizabeth class of fast battleships run on?
4. What lineage does Churchill's family descend from?
(a) Duke of Windsor.
(b) Duke of Kent.
(c) Duke of Marlborough.
(d) Duke of Edinburg.
5. What was the theme of British foreign policy from before Churchill's birth until his early maturity?
(a) Splendid Isolation.
(d) Europe domination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Dreadnought?
2. Churchill believed in his country's what above others?
3. When fighting the Boers, what happened to the British company Churchill was in?
4. Churchill's common dress was:
5. Whose biography did Churchill write?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Churchill's retirement, what did he do next in his career?
2. What happened as a result of the British being obligated by treaty to defend Belgium?
3. What did John Keegan find when he came to New York to study?
4. Whom were Churchill's children?
5. What did Churchill learn from his Army experience?
6. What things excluded Lord Randolph Churchill from political office?
7. Why was Churchill skeptical of expanding British Imperial holdings?
8. Churchill became president of the Board of Trade where he became familiar with those resisting British rule throughout the world. What groups did he admire and which groups did he despise?
9. What was Churchill's social life like?
10. How did Churchill's mother spend the time during her marriage to Lord Randolph Churchill?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)