|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were Churchill's "false friends" as Clementine called them?
(a) The Liberals.
(b) The Conservatives.
(c) The three B's.
(d) The four C's.
2. The 'Big Three" was made up of The United States, Britain and what other country?
3. Britain found itself at war with Germany for a second time after Hitler attacked what country?
(d) United States.
4. What was Churchill's reputation in politics regarding work and welfare?
(a) Anti-work and welfare.
(b) Indifference toward work and welfare.
(c) Pro-work and welfare.
(d) Champion of work and welfare.
5. What was the critical event that happened in 1929?
(a) Pearl Harbor Bombing.
(b) Stock Market Crash.
(c) Berlin Wall came down.
(d) Start of WW II.
6. What group would not accept the deed Churchill and Collins had created?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) IRA purists.
(c) The Italian government.
7. What event finally helped lift a great weight off of Churchill and paved the way for building his political career again?
(a) Appointment to Chancellor of Securities.
(b) Being cleared of blame for the Dardanelles incident.
(c) Acceptance into the Labour party.
(d) Publishing his third book.
8. What country did Churchill commit to helping when Hitler declares war on it, despite his misgivings about communism?
9. Why did Britain hesitate to spend money on defense in the 1930s?
(a) Fear of antagonizing Hitler.
(b) Fear of retalliation from Italy.
(c) Fear of upsetting economic progress.
(d) Fear of calling attention to themselves.
10. In 1941, what country's abandonment of neutrality could change the direction of the war?
(c) United States.
11. What role did Churchill resume as soon as political power was taken from him?
(b) Army Commander.
(d) Minister of Treasury.
12. Conventional conservatives regarded Churchill as:
(b) Leadership material.
13. What was Hitler's most menacing rearmament measure?
(a) Introduction of nuclear tactics.
(b) Creation of the U-boats.
(c) Creation of an air force.
(d) Reintroduction of conscription.
14. What country rebelled against the Versailles Treaty?
15. In his post war speech, Churchill said this was whose victory?
(a) A Big 3 Victory.
(b) Our Victory.
(c) Your Victory (British people)
(d) Freedom's Victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Hurricane and Spitfire?
2. What was France supposed to do under Vichy?
3. What was the "Battle of Britain"?
4. What was a "Silent Remington"?
5. The opening of Overlord was known as what?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)