|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Churchill when he died?
2. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
(a) Operation Torch.
(b) Operation Cockade.
(c) Operation Overlord.
(d) Operation Jericho.
3. Britain found itself at war with Germany for a second time after Hitler attacked what country?
(b) United States.
4. What was Churchill most "ill judged" idea during WWII?
(a) Creating a special forces unit.
(b) Setting Europe ablaze.
(c) Bombing Pearl Harbor.
(d) Aligning with Russia.
5. Where did the term "commandos" come from?
(a) Early air force maneuvers.
(b) Boer military formations.
(c) Churchill's writing.
(d) German military dress.
6. What ocean liner did Churchill cross the Atlantic in twice in 1943?
(a) RMS Mauretania.
(b) Queen Mary.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) SS Normandie.
7. What was France supposed to do under Vichy?
(a) Create armaments for Germany.
(b) Defend Germany at all costs.
(c) Show no resistance to Germany at all.
(d) Attack Germany at all costs.
8. What was the highest peak in Europe?
(a) Mount Everest.
(b) Mount Frander.
(c) Mount Blanc.
(d) Mount Elbrus.
9. What is a Panzer?
(c) German army drop-out.
10. Which Prime Minister recognized Churchill's worth?
(a) Gordon Brown.
(b) Robert Walpole.
(c) Stanley Baldwin.
(d) Henry Pelham.
11. Who came to Churchill's aid and helped him during his struggle to regain respect in politics?
(b) His father.
(d) Lloyd George.
12. After a stroke in 1952, how did Churchill bring himself back to good health?
(a) Medical innovations.
(b) Alternative medicine.
(c) Convalescing in Bermuda.
(d) Sheer determination.
13. What medical problem hit Churchill during his trip to Washington D.C.?
(a) Chicken Pox.
(b) Heart Attack.
14. In his post war speech, Churchill said this was whose victory?
(a) A Big 3 Victory.
(b) Your Victory (British people)
(c) Our Victory.
(d) Freedom's Victory.
15. What event finally helped lift a great weight off of Churchill and paved the way for building his political career again?
(a) Acceptance into the Labour party.
(b) Appointment to Chancellor of Securities.
(c) Publishing his third book.
(d) Being cleared of blame for the Dardanelles incident.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Germany's surrender, where did Churchill give his speech?
2. Who said, "I think we can generally say today that Hitler's dictatorship is gradually breaking down" before the beginning of WWII?
3. Who was President of the United States of America during WWII?
4. Which country did Russia and Britain both want majority control over?
5. After Churchill returned from Palestine he was a:
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)