|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mastery of what skill helped nurture Churchill's career and self-esteem?
2. Who was President of the United States of America during WWII?
3. Which country did Russia and Britain both want majority control over?
4. Whom promoted the idea of French resistance?
(a) Charles de Gaulle.
(b) Louis André Bon.
(c) Jean-Baptiste Cervoni.
(d) Jean Joseph Guieu.
5. What political cause did Churchill adopt at age 58?
(a) Women's Rights.
(b) Racial equality.
(c) Opposition to appeasement.
6. What group would not accept the deed Churchill and Collins had created?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(c) IRA purists.
(d) The Italian government.
7. In his post war speech, Churchill said this was whose victory?
(a) Freedom's Victory.
(b) A Big 3 Victory.
(c) Your Victory (British people)
(d) Our Victory.
8. What country did Churchill commit to helping when Hitler declares war on it, despite his misgivings about communism?
9. How old was Churchill when his health began to fail?
10. What was Churchill most "ill judged" idea during WWII?
(a) Creating a special forces unit.
(b) Aligning with Russia.
(c) Bombing Pearl Harbor.
(d) Setting Europe ablaze.
11. In 1941, what country's abandonment of neutrality could change the direction of the war?
(b) United States.
12. What does IRA stand for?
(a) Irish Republican Army.
(b) Inter Radical Army.
(c) Irish Rearmament Action.
(d) Internal Relations Movement.
13. After a stroke in 1952, how did Churchill bring himself back to good health?
(a) Alternative medicine.
(b) Medical innovations.
(c) Sheer determination.
(d) Convalescing in Bermuda.
14. What kind of shoes did Churchill wear?
(b) Military boots.
(c) Zippered shoes.
(d) Penny loafers.
15. Who were the Red Bolshevik's opponents?
(a) White Bolsheviks.
(c) Black Bolsheviks.
(d) Nazi Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hitler identified as?
2. The 'Big Three" was made up of The United States, Britain and what other country?
3. What was the "Battle of Britain"?
4. What did Lloyd George believe was upsetting Churchill's balance?
5. What illness struck Churchill after his car accident?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)