|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Churchill resume as soon as political power was taken from him?
(a) Minister of Treasury.
(b) Army Commander.
2. What was the House of Commons attitude toward Churchill when he returned to politics?
(a) Fearful indifference.
(b) Outright rebellion.
(c) Studied indifference.
(d) Welcoming friendship.
3. What was Clementine's only true interest?
(c) Her children.
4. What was the highest peak in Europe?
(a) Mount Elbrus.
(b) Mount Blanc.
(c) Mount Everest.
(d) Mount Frander.
5. Britain found itself at war with Germany for a second time after Hitler attacked what country?
(d) United States.
6. What ocean liner did Churchill cross the Atlantic in twice in 1943?
(a) Queen Mary.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) SS Normandie.
(d) RMS Mauretania.
7. What does IRA stand for?
(a) Irish Rearmament Action.
(b) Irish Republican Army.
(c) Inter Radical Army.
(d) Internal Relations Movement.
8. Why did Britain send thousands of troops to Russia after the collapse of the Czech government?
(a) Prevent Germany invading Russia.
(b) Prevent British supplies from falling into German hands.
(c) Prevent Germany invading Britain.
(d) To uphold a treaty.
9. What other country besides Britain was aligned with Poland?
(b) United States.
10. Who was President of the United States of America during WWII?
11. Who became Prime Minister after Attlee?
(a) Lloyd George.
12. What did the German submarine commanders call the sinking of hundreds of merchant ships off the east coast of the U.S.?
(b) A German Victory.
(c) Communistic Force.
(d) Happy Time.
13. After Churchill returned from Palestine he was a:
(a) Convinced Zionist.
(b) Conservative supporter.
(c) Converted Communist.
(d) Credible leader.
14. What was Bolshevism?
(a) Russian rearmament.
(c) Churchill's favorite soup.
(d) A German nuclear program.
15. Which country did Russia and Britain both want majority control over?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country rebelled against the Versailles Treaty?
2. What leader was afraid of flying?
3. What country was first to fall to Hitler's military advances?
4. After a stroke in 1952, how did Churchill bring himself back to good health?
5. Who was advocating the making of an armistice with Germany?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)