|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which officer's appointment made by Churchill was the best of the war?
(a) Darrin M. Bradshaw.
(b) Jacamo J. Spillman.
(c) Joseph P. Frandenshine.
(d) Bernard L. Montgomery.
2. What was Clementine's only true interest?
(c) Her children.
3. What seat did Churchill hold for the rest of his Parliamentary life?
4. What was the highest peak in Europe?
(a) Mount Frander.
(b) Mount Elbrus.
(c) Mount Everest.
(d) Mount Blanc.
5. How old was Churchill when he died?
6. Who were the Red Bolshevik's opponents?
(a) White Bolsheviks.
(b) Black Bolsheviks.
(c) Nazi Germany.
7. What country was first to fall to Hitler's military advances?
8. What did Lloyd George believe was upsetting Churchill's balance?
(a) His support of socialism.
(b) The after-affects of Churchill's New York accident.
(c) His fear of flying.
(d) His anti-Bolshevik obession.
9. Who became Prime Minister after Attlee?
(d) Lloyd George.
10. What did Hitler name the German Air Force?
11. Who succeeded Truman in the American Presidency?
12. What country did Churchill commit to helping when Hitler declares war on it, despite his misgivings about communism?
13. What successful operation tempted Roosevelt to make one of his few overseas journeys of the war?
(a) Operation Torch.
(b) Operation Cockade.
(c) Operation Overlord.
(d) Operation Jericho.
14. Whom promoted the idea of French resistance?
(a) Jean Joseph Guieu.
(b) Louis André Bon.
(c) Charles de Gaulle.
(d) Jean-Baptiste Cervoni.
15. What ocean liner did Churchill cross the Atlantic in twice in 1943?
(a) RMS Mauretania.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) SS Normandie.
(d) Queen Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Conventional conservatives regarded Churchill as:
2. Whom was irritated by Charles de Gaulle's arrogance?
3. Who was advocating the making of an armistice with Germany?
4. In his post war speech, Churchill said this was whose victory?
5. Who were Churchill's "false friends" as Clementine called them?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)