|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most memorable episode during Churchill's time at the Home Office?
(a) Jack the Ripper.
(c) Georgetown fire.
(d) Peter the Painter.
2. Churchill left the Boer war to do what?
(a) Find love.
(b) Return to his ailing mother.
(c) Resume his search for a seat in Parliament.
(d) Convalesce in hospital.
3. Why did Churchill begin to take flying lessons?
(a) He believed aircraft soon would be a weapon of war.
(b) He wanted to become a pilot.
(c) Clementine requested him to take lessons.
(d) He was deathly afraid of heights.
4. What kind of child was Churchill?
5. Who did Churchill have a gut sympathy for?
6. The particular regiment that Churchill was a member of enjoyed what social benefits?
(a) Locally esteemed and emotionally secure.
(b) No parliamentary taxes and secret privileges.
(c) World recognition.
(d) Large financial gains.
7. The author believes Churchill looks:
8. How did Churchill qualify for his military training?
(a) Through his natural-born talents.
(b) Through his elite background.
(c) Through a tutor and rote military learning.
(d) Through his lineage.
9. What does "remember Tonypandy" refer to?
(a) When Churchill had to bomb Germany's Tonypandy.
(b) When Churchill defeated incoming troops.
(c) When Churchill had to put troops on stand-by during riots.
(d) When Churchill fought for the people's rights at Tonypandy.
10. Who was important to Churchill's entrance into military armed services?
(a) General Robert E Lee.
(b) General John J. Pershing.
(c) Captain Walter James.
(d) Captain James Cook.
11. What army had the British regiment reforms of 1870-1880 been modeled after?
(a) French Army.
(b) Russian Army.
(c) United States Army.
(d) German Army.
12. How did Churchill refer to his nanny?
(a) His "Cantacerous Nursemaid".
(b) His "Morning Star".
(c) His "Angel from Heaven".
(d) His "Greedy Governess".
13. What fuel did the Queen Elizabeth class of fast battleships run on?
14. Churchill was taken on the expedition to Northwest India occupying what position?
(a) Camp chef.
15. Where did Keegan go to study?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Churchill was a leader of which political party?
2. Which appointment brought Churchill to the forefront of Britain's involvement in Europe's growing military confrontation?
3. Churchill believed in his country's what above others?
4. What was the first paper Churchill ever sign on to work for?
5. How many children did Churchill have?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)