|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The particular regiment that Churchill was a member of enjoyed what social benefits?
(a) Locally esteemed and emotionally secure.
(b) World recognition.
(c) No parliamentary taxes and secret privileges.
(d) Large financial gains.
2. Who was important to Churchill's entrance into military armed services?
(a) General John J. Pershing.
(b) Captain James Cook.
(c) Captain Walter James.
(d) General Robert E Lee.
3. Which country chose to make itself the dominant military State?
(c) United States.
4. Churchill's common dress was:
(a) Shapeless siren suit and stovepipe hat.
(b) Crisp khaki air force uniform.
(c) Full cut trousers and hand-painted ties.
(d) Wool top coat and felt hat.
5. What famous Churchill line did the author first hear?
(a) "A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on. "
(b) "Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. "
(c) "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names. "
(d) "Conquer we must; conquer we shall."
6. What was the riskiest move a British Parliamentarian can make?
(a) Crossing the floor.
(b) Bidding for re-election.
(c) Voting against his party.
(d) Freelancing the bill.
7. Churchill was taken on the expedition to Northwest India occupying what position?
(b) Camp chef.
8. Which country was Britain obligated to defend by honoring it's treaty?
9. During the Malakand Expedition, British troops held firm. Which group ran in the face of danger?
10. Why did Churchill begin to take flying lessons?
(a) He wanted to become a pilot.
(b) Clementine requested him to take lessons.
(c) He believed aircraft soon would be a weapon of war.
(d) He was deathly afraid of heights.
11. What act made Churchill one of the best known young men in Britain?
(a) His town square anti-war speech.
(b) Marrying the Vicar's daughter.
(c) Catching a serial killer.
(d) Escape from Boer captivity.
12. What did Keegan first find fascinating about Churchill?
(a) Churchill's educational pursuits.
(b) Churchill's accent.
(c) Churchill's wartime speeches.
(d) Churchill's marriage.
13. As a youth Churchill enjoyed:
(a) English composition.
(b) Shadowing his father.
(c) Musical recitals.
(d) Athletic pursuits.
14. In the beginning, the author views Churchill as:
(a) A fanatic.
(b) A dictator.
(c) An extrovert.
(d) A relic.
15. What paper did Churchill's mother get him hired on to?
(a) Weekly Reader.
(d) Daily Telegraph
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose needs did Churchill value as much as an employer or landlords?
2. What did Keegan do to pass the time while studying abroad?
3. Which child was of sweet nature and high intelligence?
4. In a speech in June 1941, Churchill said, "The British are the only people who like to be told....
5. What was the theme of British foreign policy from before Churchill's birth until his early maturity?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)