|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fuel did the Queen Elizabeth class of fast battleships run on?
2. Whose needs did Churchill value as much as an employer or landlords?
(b) Women and children.
(c) Working man.
(d) His own.
3. What had Churchill been sparked to do during his time in the military?
(a) Write about military strategies.
(b) Remake his political life.
(c) Fight for equality.
(d) Retire and move to the country.
4. How did Churchill win his soldiers' respect and affection?
(a) Through his motivational speeches.
(b) Through his aggressive tactics.
(c) Through his humor.
(d) Through his displays of total indifference to danger.
5. During the Malakand Expedition, British troops held firm. Which group ran in the face of danger?
6. How old was Churchill when he married?
7. Where did Churchill attend military school?
8. Churchill's common dress was:
(a) Crisp khaki air force uniform.
(b) Full cut trousers and hand-painted ties.
(c) Shapeless siren suit and stovepipe hat.
(d) Wool top coat and felt hat.
9. Whose biography did Churchill write?
(a) His brother's.
(b) Queen Victoria's.
(c) King George V's.
(d) His father's.
10. In the beginning, the author views Churchill as:
(a) A relic.
(b) An extrovert.
(c) A fanatic.
(d) A dictator.
11. How many children did Churchill have?
12. What did Churchill usually have in his hand?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A book.
(c) A hat.
(d) Speech notes.
13. The particular regiment that Churchill was a member of enjoyed what social benefits?
(a) World recognition.
(b) No parliamentary taxes and secret privileges.
(c) Locally esteemed and emotionally secure.
(d) Large financial gains.
14. How did Churchill refer to his nanny?
(a) His "Greedy Governess".
(b) His "Cantacerous Nursemaid".
(c) His "Angel from Heaven".
(d) His "Morning Star".
15. Which child later became Churchill's official biographer?
(b) Winston Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Churchill's horse?
2. Where did Keegan go to study?
3. When fighting the Boers, what happened to the British company Churchill was in?
4. Who changed Churchill's mind during the Irish Rebellion?
5. According to Keegan, Churchill's Dukedom lineage was for years held by what kind of men?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)