|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What army had the British regiment reforms of 1870-1880 been modeled after?
(a) Russian Army.
(b) United States Army.
(c) French Army.
(d) German Army.
2. What was Churchill's primary task while serving in India?
(a) Plan war strategies.
(b) Patrol for insurgents.
(c) Dig fox holes.
(d) Recruit reinforcements.
3. Churchill was committed to what idea?
(a) Free trade.
(b) Trading within country only.
(c) Tarriff taxes.
(d) European trade.
4. Who was important to Churchill's entrance into military armed services?
(a) General Robert E Lee.
(b) Captain James Cook.
(c) General John J. Pershing.
(d) Captain Walter James.
5. As a youth Churchill enjoyed:
(a) Athletic pursuits.
(b) Musical recitals.
(c) Shadowing his father.
(d) English composition.
6. Churchill was taken on the expedition to Northwest India occupying what position?
(c) Camp chef.
7. British regiments would not look at what group as fighting equals?
(a) British Lower-class.
(b) African-American troops.
(c) Indian troops.
(d) American troops.
8. When fighting the Boers, what happened to the British company Churchill was in?
(a) They got lost during the march.
(b) They were victorious.
(c) They were caught up in a terrible thunderstorm.
(d) They were taken prisoner.
9. Whose biography did Churchill write?
(a) His father's.
(b) His brother's.
(c) King George V's.
(d) Queen Victoria's.
10. Churchill's life was almost devoid of:
11. What lineage does Churchill's family descend from?
(a) Duke of Windsor.
(b) Duke of Marlborough.
(c) Duke of Edinburg.
(d) Duke of Kent.
12. Why was Prince Louis of Battenberg removed from the office of First Sea Lord?
(a) He was a tyrant.
(b) He asked to be removed due to health concerns.
(c) He leaked important military information.
(d) Public denounced him as "German".
13. Churchill left the Boer war to do what?
(a) Return to his ailing mother.
(b) Convalesce in hospital.
(c) Find love.
(d) Resume his search for a seat in Parliament.
14. What did Keegan first find fascinating about Churchill?
(a) Churchill's educational pursuits.
(b) Churchill's wartime speeches.
(c) Churchill's marriage.
(d) Churchill's accent.
15. When did Churchill return to the Conservative party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Churchill usually have in his hand?
2. What famous Churchill line did the author first hear?
3. The particular regiment that Churchill was a member of enjoyed what social benefits?
4. Churchill was involved with the Malakand Field Force, fighting which group?
5. Churchill was a leader of which political party?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)