|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, A Prime Minister Alone, 1940-1941.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Churchill's life was almost devoid of:
2. What illness struck Churchill after his car accident?
(b) Small Pox.
(c) Lung Cancer.
(d) Paratyphoid fever.
3. The author believes Churchill looks:
4. Where did the term "commandos" come from?
(a) Early air force maneuvers.
(b) Churchill's writing.
(c) Boer military formations.
(d) German military dress.
5. What did Churchill's mother send him while he was in India?
(a) A monthly stipend.
(b) Crates of books.
(c) Unsupportive letters.
(d) Boxes of cigars.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a youth Churchill enjoyed:
2. After learning of an outbreak of fighting in Northwest India, whom did Churchill telegraph to ask to join his military expedition?
3. Churchill's common dress was:
4. What lineage does Churchill's family descend from?
5. Mastery of what skill helped nurture Churchill's career and self-esteem?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)