|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, A Prime Minister Alone, 1940-1941.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which house defeated the budget introduced by David Lloyd George?
(a) House of Accounting.
(b) House of Commons.
(c) House of Lords.
(d) House of Planning.
2. Why did Britain send thousands of troops to Russia after the collapse of the Czech government?
(a) Prevent Germany invading Russia.
(b) Prevent British supplies from falling into German hands.
(c) Prevent Germany invading Britain.
(d) To uphold a treaty.
3. What is a Panzer?
(b) German army drop-out.
4. Churchill had an unsurpassed skill for what?
(a) English history and English composition.
(b) Mathematics and Statistics.
(c) Track and Field.
(d) Religious Doctrine.
5. During the Malakand Expedition, British troops held firm. Which group ran in the face of danger?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first war Churchill was involved in as a soldier?
2. Where did the term "commandos" come from?
3. What famous Churchill line did the author first hear?
4. What lineage does Churchill's family descend from?
5. What did Keegan do to pass the time while studying abroad?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)