|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, The Coming of War, 1933-1940.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event finally helped lift a great weight off of Churchill and paved the way for building his political career again?
(a) Publishing his third book.
(b) Acceptance into the Labour party.
(c) Being cleared of blame for the Dardanelles incident.
(d) Appointment to Chancellor of Securities.
2. Churchill was involved with the Malakand Field Force, fighting which group?
(a) German Nazis.
(b) Indian rebels.
(c) Malakand insurgents.
(d) Muslim Pathans.
3. Why did Churchill begin to take flying lessons?
(a) Clementine requested him to take lessons.
(b) He was deathly afraid of heights.
(c) He wanted to become a pilot.
(d) He believed aircraft soon would be a weapon of war.
4. Why did Britain send thousands of troops to Russia after the collapse of the Czech government?
(a) Prevent British supplies from falling into German hands.
(b) Prevent Germany invading Russia.
(c) Prevent Germany invading Britain.
(d) To uphold a treaty.
5. Which country chose to make itself the dominant military State?
(c) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of student was Churchill in his early school years?
2. What city was Churchill in when he was hit by a car?
3. Churchill was a leader of which political party?
4. During the authors' generation, which party was creating a social revolution?
5. How did Churchill refer to his nanny?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)