|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Family and Youth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of child was Churchill?
2. Churchill's mother was a:
(a) Strong influence for good in Churchill's life.
(b) Nurse to wounded soldiers.
(c) Poor British waif.
(d) Rich American heiress.
3. As a youth Churchill enjoyed:
(a) Shadowing his father.
(b) Athletic pursuits.
(c) English composition.
(d) Musical recitals.
4. What famous Churchill line did the author first hear?
(a) "Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. "
(b) "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names. "
(c) "Conquer we must; conquer we shall."
(d) "A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on. "
5. What did Keegan do to pass the time while studying abroad?
(a) Interviews political icons.
(b) Reads in the library.
(c) Listens to records.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author, John Keegan, grow up?
2. What was Churchill's relationship with his father?
3. The author believes Churchill looks:
4. Where did Churchill attend military school?
5. Churchill was a leader of which political party?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)