|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Loneliness", what is Enoch whining about after talking to George?
2. What does Elizabeth do for the last few months of her life?
3. How does Ed make George feel at the end of "An Awakening"?
4. What does Reverend Curtis think his wife denies him of?
5. What does George borrow from Kate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does "The Book of the Grotesques" set up the rest of the book? What are "grotesques"? Choose three characters and analyze them according to this description of grotesque.
Essay Topic 2
There are several marriages presented in "Winesburg, Ohio". Describe and compare these marriages. What is Anderson trying to say about marriage?
Essay Topic 3
George Willard is present in most of the stories in this book. Who is George? How do you describe him? What role does George play in the book and for the other characters of Winesburg?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)