Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen's mother feel about the boys in Winesburg?
2. When Ray is buying groceries, what does he tell Hal?
3. What does the Reverend call Kate the night he visits George?
4. What happens with Elizabeth tells Dr. Reefy about the time she tries to run away?
5. What does Elizabeth's dad make her promise to not tell Tom about?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the two doctors featured in "Winesburg, Ohio". How are Dr. Parcival and Dr. Reefy alike? Different? What roles do they play in the lives of other characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how three or four characters failed to use their natural talents to better themselves. Describe the talent, including how you are made aware of it. Use evidence from the text to prove the talent and the characters failure to realize it. What happens to these characters as a result? What happens to the people around them? What does this failure mean to the book as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Select two stories that feature the same character (other than George Willard). How is the character represented in each story? What is the character's role? Is there any growth in the character? What accounts for these differences? What does this character mean to the novel overall?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)