|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the snowy day, what does George go to do?
2. What does George decide to do the day his mother dies?
3. Where does Wash's wife go after they break up?
4. What type of work does Seth tell Helen he wants to do?
5. What does Reverend Curtis think his wife denies him of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does death affect the characters of this novel? Who fears death and why? Who talks about death and why? What does death mean to some of these characters? Most importantly, what does it represent?
Essay Topic 2
A variety of occupations are represented in this novel. Choose four occupations and describe the characters that hold these jobs. What is symbolic about these careers and what do they represent in "Winesburg, Ohio"?
Essay Topic 3
Some readers describe "Winesburg, Ohio" as being amoral. What supports the lack of morality in this novel? Do you agree with this description? Why/why not?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)