Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen's mother feel about the boys in Winesburg?
2. When Ray is buying groceries, what does he tell Hal?
3. What does the Reverend call Kate the night he visits George?
4. What happens with Elizabeth tells Dr. Reefy about the time she tries to run away?
5. What does Elizabeth's dad make her promise to not tell Tom about?
Essay Topic 1
Some readers describe "Winesburg, Ohio" as being amoral. What supports the lack of morality in this novel? Do you agree with this description? Why/why not?
Essay Topic 2
Lack of communication is a recurring theme in "Winesburg, Ohio". Describe three characters that have a difficult time communicating. Explain each character's situation and problem with communication. Then, explain what the lack of communication represents or symbolizes in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
George Willard is present in most of the stories in this book. Who is George? How do you describe him? What role does George play in the book and for the other characters of Winesburg?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)