Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen's mother feel about the boys in Winesburg?
2. When Ray is buying groceries, what does he tell Hal?
3. What does the Reverend call Kate the night he visits George?
4. What happens with Elizabeth tells Dr. Reefy about the time she tries to run away?
5. What does Elizabeth's dad make her promise to not tell Tom about?
Some readers describe "Winesburg, Ohio" as being amoral. What supports the lack of morality in this novel? Do you agree with this description? Why/why not?
Choose three characters that you feel have power in Winesburg. Defend your choices and discuss what characteristics are needed to be powerful in Winesburg. How do these characters use their power? What does having power in Winesburg mean? How is power a theme, or not a theme, in the novel?
Sherwood Anderson is considered to be one of the fathers of Realism. Define the literary movement of Realism and explain how "Winesburg, Ohio" fits this definition.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)