Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen's mother feel about the boys in Winesburg?
2. When Ray is buying groceries, what does he tell Hal?
3. What does the Reverend call Kate the night he visits George?
4. What happens with Elizabeth tells Dr. Reefy about the time she tries to run away?
5. What does Elizabeth's dad make her promise to not tell Tom about?
Essay Topic 1
Several characters in this novel are lonely. Analyze three characters in terms of their loneliness. Why do they feel alienated? What do they do in response to this alienation? How is loneliness a theme in the novel and what is it representative of?
Essay Topic 2
Some readers describe "Winesburg, Ohio" as being amoral. What supports the lack of morality in this novel? Do you agree with this description? Why/why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does the farm work as a setting in "Winesburg, Ohio"? Discuss the use of the farm as a setting, including the emotions connected with farms, family obligation, events tied to farms and the symbolic language used to describe farms.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)