|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wash do with the banker's wife's letter?
2. What does Reverend Curtis do to the window in his office after he sees Kate through it the first time?
3. What does George whisper to himself when he sees his mother's body?
4. On the snowy day, what does George go to do?
5. What does George borrow from Kate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several marriages presented in "Winesburg, Ohio". Describe and compare these marriages. What is Anderson trying to say about marriage?
Essay Topic 2
A variety of occupations are represented in this novel. Choose four occupations and describe the characters that hold these jobs. What is symbolic about these careers and what do they represent in "Winesburg, Ohio"?
Essay Topic 3
Sherwood Anderson is considered to be one of the fathers of Realism. Define the literary movement of Realism and explain how "Winesburg, Ohio" fits this definition.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)