|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George tell Seth he wants to write?
(a) The best article of the year.
(b) A mystery novel.
(c) A love story.
(d) The great American novel.
2. What is a job Ray wants to do when he is younger?
(a) A sailor.
(b) A farmhand.
(c) A musician.
(d) An engineer.
3. What type of work does Seth tell Helen he wants to do?
(a) Work as a great writer like George.
(b) Work where he is with people.
(c) Work where talk doesn't matter.
(d) Work as a berry picker.
4. What habit of Kate Swift's catches Reverend Curtis' attention one morning as he sits at his desk?
(a) Her smoking.
(b) Her swearing.
(c) Her drinking.
(d) Her nail-biting.
5. What does Ed believe is his only obstacle to get Belle to marry him?
(a) Her father's opinion.
(b) George Willard.
(c) His lack of money.
(d) His mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Enoch lock the woman in his building in his apartment?
2. What does George decide to do the day his mother dies?
3. Why is Helen at her parent's house in "Sophistication"?
4. Where does Enoch sometimes read?
5. At the end of this story, who does Reverend Curtis feel is an "instrument of God"?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)