|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Seth respond to his mother when she scolds him?
(a) He cries.
(b) He yells back at her.
(c) He runs away from home.
(d) He looks her straight in the eyes.
2. What does George borrow from Kate?
(a) Her telephone.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A car.
(d) A book.
3. What habit of Kate Swift's catches Reverend Curtis' attention one morning as he sits at his desk?
(a) Her drinking.
(b) Her swearing.
(c) Her smoking.
(d) Her nail-biting.
4. On the snowy day, what does George go to do?
(a) Talk to Helen.
(b) Go sledding.
(c) Ice skate.
(d) Build a snowman.
5. What does George decide to do the day his mother dies?
(a) Make a change in his life.
(b) Kill his father.
(c) Buy a car.
(d) Save the hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wash's job?
2. What does Tom tell George he wants to experience when he is drinking?
3. What are Tom's religious beliefs?
4. Who does Elmer open up to about his feelings for his family?
5. What type of work does Seth tell Helen he wants to do?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)