|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jesse interested in the lamb born out of season?
(a) For a sacrafice.
(b) For ransom.
(c) For dinner.
(d) For breeding more sheep.
2. What war is the carpenter part of?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War II.
3. What does Dr. Parcival tell George he is afraid of?
(a) Losing his mind.
(b) Sick people.
(d) Being killed.
4. Why does Jesse place blame on his dead brothers?
(a) They are Godless.
(b) They leave their father.
(c) They fight on the wrong side of the war.
(d) They do not work hard enough.
5. What does Alice do the night that it rains?
(a) She cries as she runs around the streets.
(b) She goes to bed early.
(c) She starts yelling frantically from her window.
(d) She runs outside, naked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice sometimes do with her blanket?
2. Where does George find Louise when he decides to answer her letter?
3. What does Louise do for John Hardy?
4. What happens when Wing forgets about his hands?
5. Who says "I have a desire to make you admire me"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ray and his emotions when he is out buying groceries?
2. What does David do when Jesse pulls out a knife in the forest?
3. What does Dr. Parcival tell George about his book?
4. What happens one summer evening in George and Helen's past that George reflects upon?
5. In the fourth part of "Godliness", what does Jesse purchase and why?
6. What does the idea of death do to the writer in "The Book of the Grotesque"?
7. Why does George decide to not ask Wing about his hands?
8. How does Enoch's life change when he is twenty-one?
9. Why is Reverend Curtis' sermon different after the first time he sees Kate?
10. What do the stories Dr. Parcival tell mean to George?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)