|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Wing forgets about his hands?
(a) He paints a picture.
(b) He forgets how to talk.
(c) He leaves his front porch.
(d) He puts them on George's shoulder.
2. What does the doctor read to the girl in the winter?
(a) His medical texts.
(b) All the novels in the house.
(c) The daily newspaper.
(d) What he writes on scraps of paper.
3. What emotion does Elizabeth feel at the end of the story ,after George share's his plans for his future?
4. What is one of George's habits?
(a) Shaking hands with strangers.
(b) Biting his fork.
(c) Talking to himself.
(d) Hiding in his room.
5. How does Tom describe Elizabeth's figure?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom's conversation with George about being successful make Elizabeth want to do?
2. What is Dr. Reefy doing when the tall, dark girl comes to see him?
3. What does the woman Dr. Reefy marries leave him when she dies?
4. What does George say he has set forth upon when he goes to find Louise?
5. Why does Dr. Parcival say he does not have many patients?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Hardy girls respond to Louise when she comes to stay with them?
2. Why does the woman in the doctor's office have blood on her in "Paper Pills"?
3. What does Louise say about the gender of her baby?
4. What does Dr. Parcival do with his brother's money?
5. What happens to Ray and his emotions when he is out buying groceries?
6. How does Wing feel about the town where he lives?
7. What does Dr. Parcival tell George about his book?
8. Why does Ed Handby want to get married?
9. What does the idea of death do to the writer in "The Book of the Grotesque"?
10. Why does Jesse leave his family's farm as a young man?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)