|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "half-witted boy" of Wing's school do at night?
(a) Plan a crime.
(b) Imagine dreams as facts.
(c) Draw on his walls.
(d) Make prank phone calls.
2. According to the author, the story of Wing is the story of what?
(b) Small towns.
3. What does Jesse turn to as an explanation for everything?
(a) Farming magazines.
(b) The hand of God.
(c) The opinions of his father.
(d) The opinions of his wife.
4. How does George feel at the end of the story when he is at the drug store?
(a) In love.
5. Why does Alice join the Winesburg Methodist Church?
(a) Because she wants to find God.
(b) Because she has a crush on Will.
(c) Because she is lonely.
(d) Because she thinks she sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom describe Elizabeth's figure?
2. Where does Dr. Parcival live?
3. What does Joe do for a living?
4. What does Alice do the night that it rains?
5. How are the doctor's knuckles described?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the woman in the doctor's office have blood on her in "Paper Pills"?
2. How does the author compare Dr. Reefy to the twisted apples of Winesburg?
3. What does Jesse feel David's coming means?
4. What does George tell his mother he wants to do at the end of "Mother"?
5. What does Joe tell George about decay in "A Man of Ideas"?
6. Why does Tom and his grandmother move to Winesburg?
7. What annoys George as he waits for Louise in the story "Nobody Knows"?
8. What are the paper pills?
9. Why does George go to the drug store after leaving Louise?
10. How does Elmer feel about his family?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)