|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during the spring after the tall, dark girl marries Dr. Reefy?
(a) The girl gives birth.
(b) The girl loses her money.
(c) The doctor leaves the girl.
(d) The girl dies.
2. What is one of George's habits?
(a) Hiding in his room.
(b) Talking to himself.
(c) Biting his fork.
(d) Shaking hands with strangers.
3. What do the writer and the carpenter have in common?
(a) They both ride bikes.
(b) The both are in prison.
(c) The both have white mustaches.
(d) They both lose a brother.
4. What does Tom say "Tom Willard's son" must do?
(a) Help his mother.
(b) Date a girl.
(c) Be a writer.
(d) Wake up.
5. How is Wing's power as a teacher described?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jesse's brothers and father stay silent on the farm?
2. Why does Alice join the Winesburg Methodist Church?
3. Why does Jesse place blame on his dead brothers?
4. What war is the carpenter part of?
5. What does Elizabeth do when she goes in George's room and sits by his desk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What annoys George as he waits for Louise in the story "Nobody Knows"?
2. What makes Jesse believe that the other farmers are enemies of God?
3. What are the paper pills?
4. What does the drunken stranger say about women and love to Tom and Tandy?
5. How does Enoch's life change when he is twenty-one?
6. What does Kate tell George about writing in "The Teacher"?
7. What does George decide to do after his mother's death in the story "Death"?
8. What does Jesse feel David's coming means?
9. What does Louise say about the gender of her baby?
10. What does George tell his mother he wants to do at the end of "Mother"?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)