|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tom and Elizabeth's hotel losing guests?
(a) Because of Tom's temper.
(b) Because of Elizabeth's illness.
(c) Because of the cost to stay there.
(d) Because of the hotel's shabbiness.
2. How long has Dr. Reefy worn the same clothes?
(a) Two years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
3. Where does Dr. Parcival live?
(a) Above the shoe repair shop.
(b) Next to the baker.
(c) Above the saloon.
(d) Below the book bookstore.
4. What changes at the farm once David arrives?
(a) It becomes happier.
(b) It becomes lonely.
(c) It becomes too crowded.
(d) It becomes quieter.
5. What does Henry Bradford do to Wing one afternoon at the schoolhouse?
(a) Threaten his family.
(b) Beat him up.
(c) Offer him a ride out of town.
(d) Give him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jesse interested in the lamb born out of season?
2. Why does Jesse come to the family farm?
3. Why does the tall, dark girl originally come see Dr. Reefy?
4. When does George visit Dr. Parcival?
5. Who says "I have a desire to make you admire me"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom fear about his life in the story "Mother"?
2. Why does George go to Belle's house?
3. Even though Seth is called the "deep one", how is this untrue?
4. Why is Joe planting grass seed?
5. The day that Kate is not in her room in "The Strength of God", what is the Reverend's sermon about?
6. What happens to make David fear Jesse?
7. What happens to Ray and his emotions when he is out buying groceries?
8. On the night of the storm, what happens between Kate and George?
9. What does the drunken stranger say about women and love to Tom and Tandy?
10. How is Wing different around George?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)