|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Reefy ask the tall, dark girl after her first visit with him?
(a) He asks her if she is rich.
(b) He asks her to tell him her thoughts.
(c) He asks her to marry him.
(d) He asks her to go for a ride in the country.
2. Why does a carpenter come to the writer's house?
(a) To fix his window.
(b) To build a shelf.
(c) To install a new floor.
(d) To raise his bed.
3. How does the town feel about Joe and Sarah?
(a) They are indifferent to it.
(b) They are repelled by it.
(c) They try to break them up.
(d) They are in awe of it.
4. Who tells David a joke every morning?
(a) His aunt.
(d) A farmhand.
5. Where does Louise tell George to wait?
(a) By the picket fence.
(b) In the potato patch.
(c) By William's barn.
(d) Behind the saloon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of his health concerns the writer?
2. What does Dr. Parcival tell George he does for a living?
3. Why is Jesse interested in the lamb born out of season?
4. What does Dr. Parcival always wear?
5. Why does the writer get out of bed and start writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Paper Pills", how are the tall, dark girl's suitors different?
2. What do the stories Dr. Parcival tell mean to George?
3. What does Jesse feel David's coming means?
4. How does the writer come up with "The Book of the Grotesque"?
5. Why does the woman in the doctor's office have blood on her in "Paper Pills"?
6. Why is George careful when he counts his money on the train?
7. What does Dr. Parcival tell George about his book?
8. What does Elizabeth and George watch happen in the alley?
9. What annoys George as he waits for Louise in the story "Nobody Knows"?
10. What does George tell his mother he wants to do at the end of "Mother"?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)