|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dr. Parcival live?
(a) Next to the baker.
(b) Above the shoe repair shop.
(c) Below the book bookstore.
(d) Above the saloon.
2. When Elizabeth is a girl, how does she startle the people of Winesburg?
(a) By marrying Tom.
(b) By joining a circus.
(c) By wearing men's clothing.
(d) By living alone.
3. What does David make that he always carries with him?
(a) A whip.
(b) A polished rock.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) A whistle.
4. Who is Wing's only friend?
(a) George Willard.
(b) Adolph Myers.
(c) The old man.
(d) Tom Willard.
5. Who says they are "too greedy for glory"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer name his book?
2. Who does Alice Hindman live with?
3. What emotion does Elizabeth feel at the end of the story ,after George share's his plans for his future?
4. How does the writer describe the "truths" he writes about?
5. What does Dr. Parcival say happens to Dr. Cronin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Joe planting grass seed?
2. According to the writer, what makes people grotesque?
3. What does the drunken stranger say about women and love to Tom and Tandy?
4. How is Wing different around George?
5. What does Wash's wife's mother do to her when Wash comes to visit?
6. How do the Hardy girls respond to Louise when she comes to stay with them?
7. What makes it difficult for the carpenter to finish his job in "The Book of the Grotesque" and why?
8. What do the stories Dr. Parcival tell mean to George?
9. Why does Hal get arrested in "The Untold Lie"?
10. In the story "Drink", how does Tom feel about women?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)