|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesse turn to as an explanation for everything?
(a) Farming magazines.
(b) The opinions of his wife.
(c) The hand of God.
(d) The opinions of his father.
2. What does Dr. Parcival say happens to Dr. Cronin?
(a) Dr. Cronin moves to Iowa.
(b) Dr. Cronin is robbed.
(c) Dr. Cronin is murdered.
(d) Dr. Cronin is arrested.
3. Why does the tall, dark girl originally come see Dr. Reefy?
(a) Because she needs help with her brother.
(b) Because her parents are ill.
(c) Because her tooth hurts.
(d) Because she is pregnant.
4. How does George feel at the end of the story when he is at the drug store?
(a) In love.
5. When does Dr. Parcival say he prays all night?
(a) When he is about to move.
(b) When his brother steals.
(c) When his father dies.
(d) When his mother is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joe envy?
2. When does George visit Dr. Parcival?
3. What does Louise do to a farmhand at her family's farm one weekend?
4. Where does George work?
5. What does Louise do for John Hardy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Parcival describe his mother and brother?
2. Even though Seth is called the "deep one", how is this untrue?
3. How does the author compare Dr. Reefy to the twisted apples of Winesburg?
4. What do the stories Dr. Parcival tell mean to George?
5. Why is George careful when he counts his money on the train?
6. In the fourth part of "Godliness", what does Jesse purchase and why?
7. Why is Joe planting grass seed?
8. As revealed in the story "Death", why does Elizabeth marry Tom?
9. At the end of "Departure", what does George think about Winesburg?
10. How does Wing feel about the town where he lives?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)