|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wing do for a living?
(a) Build porches.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) Pick strawberries.
(d) Coach football.
2. When David and Jesse are in the forest, what makes David run?
(a) Jesse has a knife.
(b) The lamb starts to attack.
(c) A stranger pulls out a gun.
(d) A forest fire starts.
3. Where does Dr. Parcival live?
(a) Above the saloon.
(b) Next to the baker.
(c) Below the book bookstore.
(d) Above the shoe repair shop.
4. Who does the tall, dark girl think she marries?
(a) The jeweler's son.
(b) The black-haired boy.
(c) Her second cousin.
(d) The wine maker.
5. Why does Dr. Parcival say he does not have many patients?
(a) Because he does not want many.
(b) Because it is just an accident.
(c) Because there aren't many people in Winesburg.
(d) Because he is a poor doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Reefy ride when he goes house to house?
2. What do the writer and the carpenter have in common?
3. When does Dr. Parcival say he prays all night?
4. What does Louise do for John Hardy?
5. What is Dr. Reefy doing when the tall, dark girl comes to see him?
Short Essay Questions
1. As revealed in the story "Death", why does Elizabeth marry Tom?
2. What annoys George as he waits for Louise in the story "Nobody Knows"?
3. What makes Wash say that "all women are dead, even when they are alive"?
4. How does the writer come up with "The Book of the Grotesque"?
5. How does Dr. Parcival describe his mother and brother?
6. What does George tell his mother he wants to do at the end of "Mother"?
7. Why does Tom and his grandmother move to Winesburg?
8. In the story "Mother", what are Elizabeth's hopes and dreams for George?
9. What does Kate tell George about writing in "The Teacher"?
10. How does Tom relate to his daughter, Tandy?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)