|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Louise end up living with the Hardy family?
(a) To find work.
(b) To keep her out of trouble.
(c) To go to high school.
(d) To hide from her mother.
2. What does Dr. Parcival say happens to Dr. Cronin?
(a) Dr. Cronin is robbed.
(b) Dr. Cronin moves to Iowa.
(c) Dr. Cronin is murdered.
(d) Dr. Cronin is arrested.
3. When Elizabeth is a girl, how does she startle the people of Winesburg?
(a) By marrying Tom.
(b) By joining a circus.
(c) By living alone.
(d) By wearing men's clothing.
4. Who believes you are never be too smart for Sarah?
(a) Sarah's father.
(d) Dr. Parcival.
5. What does Louise do to a farmhand at her family's farm one weekend?
(a) Steals the farmhand's money.
(b) Takes the farmhand's buggy.
(c) Hits the farmhand in anger.
(d) Gets the farmhand fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Parcival tell George he is afraid of?
2. Why does the writer get out of bed and start writing?
3. What is the name of Tom and Elizabeth's hotel?
4. Where does George work?
5. When does George visit Dr. Parcival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the paper pills?
2. What is the relationship between Helen and the instructor in "Sophistication"?
3. In the story "Drink", how does Tom feel about women?
4. What do the stories Dr. Parcival tell mean to George?
5. What does Louise say about the gender of her baby?
6. What does Jesse feel David's coming means?
7. What happens to Wing's teaching career?
8. What does Alice realize when she gets home after the night she runs naked in the rain?
9. What do Seth and Helen talk about on their walk?
10. At the end of "Departure", what does George think about Winesburg?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)