|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joe envy?
(a) Sylvester West.
(b) Sarah King.
(c) George Willard.
(d) Dr. Parcival.
2. What does Elizabeth do when she goes in George's room and sits by his desk?
(a) She cleans his drawers.
(b) She reads his notes.
(c) She prays.
(d) She sleeps.
3. Why is Jesse interested in the lamb born out of season?
(a) For breeding more sheep.
(b) For ransom.
(c) For dinner.
(d) For a sacrafice.
4. Why does Jesse place blame on his dead brothers?
(a) They leave their father.
(b) They fight on the wrong side of the war.
(c) They do not work hard enough.
(d) They are Godless.
5. What does Jesse want to use his land for?
(a) To make money.
(b) To take in orphans.
(c) To raise sheep.
(d) To receive God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor read to the girl in the winter?
2. Why does Dr. Parcival say he does not have many patients?
3. According to the author, the story of Wing is the story of what?
4. Why is it Jesse's fault his wife dies?
5. What does Dr. Parcival tell George he is afraid of?
Short Essay Questions
1. The day that Kate is not in her room in "The Strength of God", what is the Reverend's sermon about?
2. Why does Ed Handby want to get married?
3. What happens to Wing's teaching career?
4. What does the idea of death do to the writer in "The Book of the Grotesque"?
5. What makes Jesse believe that the other farmers are enemies of God?
6. What does George tell his mother he wants to do at the end of "Mother"?
7. What does Wash's wife's mother do to her when Wash comes to visit?
8. What are the paper pills?
9. What does Jesse feel David's coming means?
10. What happens one summer evening in George and Helen's past that George reflects upon?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)