Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes you are never be too smart for Sarah?
(c) Dr. Parcival.
(d) Sarah's father.
2. Why does Jesse place blame on his dead brothers?
(a) They fight on the wrong side of the war.
(b) They leave their father.
(c) They are Godless.
(d) They do not work hard enough.
3. What makes Elizabeth use the "feeble flame of life that remains in her body" to get out of bed and creep toward George's bedroom one July evening?
(a) She knows Tom is trying to get him a job.
(b) She has a bad dream.
(c) She hears noises come out of his room.
(d) George does not visit her for several days.
4. Who says they are "too greedy for glory"?
5. How does Jesse feel about David's disappearance at the end of this story?
(a) He is filled with guilt.
(b) It makes him cry.
(c) It doesn't surprise him.
(d) He is happy that David is independent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of George's habits?
2. What does the "half-witted boy" of Wing's school do at night?
3. When does George visit Dr. Parcival?
4. Where does Louise tell George to wait?
5. Who says "I have a desire to make you admire me"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does George go to the drug store after leaving Louise?
2. According to the writer, what makes people grotesque?
3. On the night of the storm, what happens between Kate and George?
4. What does Dr. Parcival tell George about his book?
5. What happens to Ray and his emotions when he is out buying groceries?
6. Why does Tom and his grandmother move to Winesburg?
7. Even though Seth is called the "deep one", how is this untrue?
8. What does Tom fear about his life in the story "Mother"?
9. What does Louise say about the gender of her baby?
10. How is Wing different around George?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)