|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the danger of the writer's subject matter?
(a) He doesn't fully understand it.
(b) He runs out of things to write.
(c) He becomes grotesque himself.
(d) No one wants to read it.
2. How old is David Hardy when he comes to Jesse's farm?
3. How do the neighbors feel about the swampland Jesse buys?
(a) The laugh and hope he loses money.
(b) They ignore him for taking up so much space.
(c) They are grateful to help him improve it.
(d) They are fearful of what he builds.
4. What does Louise do to a farmhand at her family's farm one weekend?
(a) Gets the farmhand fired.
(b) Takes the farmhand's buggy.
(c) Hits the farmhand in anger.
(d) Steals the farmhand's money.
5. How old is Wing at the end of this story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer think about as he lies in his bed?
2. Where does Dr. Parcival live?
3. Why is Tom and Elizabeth's hotel losing guests?
4. What is one of George's habits?
5. What happens when Wing forgets about his hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George decide to do after his mother's death in the story "Death"?
2. In "Paper Pills", how are the tall, dark girl's suitors different?
3. In the story "Drink", how does Tom feel about women?
4. What does the drunken stranger say about women and love to Tom and Tandy?
5. Why does the woman in the doctor's office have blood on her in "Paper Pills"?
6. What makes Wash say that "all women are dead, even when they are alive"?
7. What does Elizabeth and George watch happen in the alley?
8. What are the paper pills?
9. What does Jesse feel David's coming means?
10. What does Alice realize when she gets home after the night she runs naked in the rain?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)