|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Wing forgets about his hands?
(a) He leaves his front porch.
(b) He puts them on George's shoulder.
(c) He paints a picture.
(d) He forgets how to talk.
2. As time passes, what happens to John and Louise?
(a) They start to earn money.
(b) They grow distant.
(c) They debate moving from Ohio.
(d) They fall deeper in love.
3. How is Wing's power as a teacher described?
4. Why does John marry Louise?
(a) He just feels the need to get married.
(b) Her father pays him.
(c) He fears she is pregnant.
(d) He decides he loves her.
5. According to the author, the story of Wing is the story of what?
(a) Small towns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does George find Louise when he decides to answer her letter?
2. When David and Jesse are in the forest, what makes David run?
3. What does Joe tell George and Sarah's father at the Willard house?
4. What do the writer and the carpenter have in common?
5. What does David make that he always carries with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Parcival do with his brother's money?
2. What do the stories Dr. Parcival tell mean to George?
3. When Ned first plans to move to Cleveland, what does Alice tell him?
4. How does Enoch want to explain his art to his artist friends in New York City?
5. What is the relationship between Helen and the instructor in "Sophistication"?
6. Why is Reverend Curtis' sermon different after the first time he sees Kate?
7. How is Wing different around George?
8. What happens the second time Elmer tries to talk to George?
9. Even though Seth is called the "deep one", how is this untrue?
10. What does Alice realize when she gets home after the night she runs naked in the rain?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)