|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say "Tom Willard's son" must do?
(a) Be a writer.
(b) Date a girl.
(c) Wake up.
(d) Help his mother.
2. Who does the tall, dark girl think she marries?
(a) The black-haired boy.
(b) The jeweler's son.
(c) Her second cousin.
(d) The wine maker.
3. What does Tom's conversation with George about being successful make Elizabeth want to do?
(a) Send George to college.
(b) Kill Tom.
(c) Talk to George herself.
(d) Move out of the hotel.
4. How are the doctor's knuckles described?
(a) Horribly placed.
(b) Strangely twisted.
(c) Extraordinarily large.
(d) Mysteriously bumpy.
5. Where does George walk after leaving work one night?
(a) Up and down everyone's walkways.
(b) In the alleyway.
(c) Down the center of the street.
(d) Along the curb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George say he has set forth upon when he goes to find Louise?
2. How is Wing's power as a teacher described?
3. Why is Jesse interested in the lamb born out of season?
4. When David and Jesse are in the forest, what makes David run?
5. What does Jesse want to use his land for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the second time Elmer tries to talk to George?
2. How does Wing feel about the town where he lives?
3. What does Alice realize when she gets home after the night she runs naked in the rain?
4. How does the author compare Dr. Reefy to the twisted apples of Winesburg?
5. What does Dr. Parcival do with his brother's money?
6. In the fourth part of "Godliness", what does Jesse purchase and why?
7. Why is Joe planting grass seed?
8. What does Tom fear about his life in the story "Mother"?
9. Why does Ed Handby want to get married?
10. What does Elizabeth and George watch happen in the alley?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)