|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Wing forgets about his hands?
(a) He puts them on George's shoulder.
(b) He paints a picture.
(c) He forgets how to talk.
(d) He leaves his front porch.
2. How does Jesse feel about David's disappearance at the end of this story?
(a) He is filled with guilt.
(b) It makes him cry.
(c) He is happy that David is independent.
(d) It doesn't surprise him.
3. How does Tom describe Elizabeth's figure?
4. What does Jesse turn to as an explanation for everything?
(a) The opinions of his wife.
(b) Farming magazines.
(c) The opinions of his father.
(d) The hand of God.
5. How old is David Hardy when he comes to Jesse's farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. When David and Jesse are in the forest, what makes David run?
2. How does George feel at the end of the story when he is at the drug store?
3. What does Dr. Parcival say his objective of coming to Winesburg is?
4. When does George visit Dr. Parcival?
5. What is Dr. Reefy doing when the tall, dark girl comes to see him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Seth and Helen talk about on their walk?
2. At the end of "Departure", what does George think about Winesburg?
3. In the story "Mother", what are Elizabeth's hopes and dreams for George?
4. What makes it difficult for the carpenter to finish his job in "The Book of the Grotesque" and why?
5. What does Dr. Parcival do with his brother's money?
6. In the fourth part of "Godliness", what does Jesse purchase and why?
7. What annoys George as he waits for Louise in the story "Nobody Knows"?
8. What does Joe tell George about decay in "A Man of Ideas"?
9. What makes Jesse believe that the other farmers are enemies of God?
10. How does the writer come up with "The Book of the Grotesque"?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)