|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Parcival say he does not have many patients?
(a) Because it is just an accident.
(b) Because he is a poor doctor.
(c) Because there aren't many people in Winesburg.
(d) Because he does not want many.
2. When does Dr. Parcival say he prays all night?
(a) When his mother is ill.
(b) When his brother steals.
(c) When he is about to move.
(d) When his father dies.
3. Why does Louise end up living with the Hardy family?
(a) To find work.
(b) To keep her out of trouble.
(c) To go to high school.
(d) To hide from her mother.
4. How does Louise act toward her education?
5. How long does the writer write for when he gets out of bed and starts writing?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) Four hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David and Jesse are in the forest, what makes David run?
2. What happens to the tall, dark girl in one of her dreams?
3. How old is David Hardy when he comes to Jesse's farm?
4. Where does Wing live during his youth?
5. What is the name of Tom and Elizabeth's hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louise say about the gender of her baby?
2. What makes Jesse believe that the other farmers are enemies of God?
3. How does Enoch want to explain his art to his artist friends in New York City?
4. Why does Jesse leave his family's farm as a young man?
5. What annoys George as he waits for Louise in the story "Nobody Knows"?
6. What does Wash's wife's mother do to her when Wash comes to visit?
7. Why does the woman in the doctor's office have blood on her in "Paper Pills"?
8. In the story "Drink", how does Tom feel about women?
9. How does Dr. Parcival describe his mother and brother?
10. What does Dr. Parcival tell George about his book?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)