|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John marry Louise?
(a) He just feels the need to get married.
(b) He fears she is pregnant.
(c) Her father pays him.
(d) He decides he loves her.
2. What does Joe do for a living?
(a) Sylvester West's drug store clerk.
(c) Standard Oil agent.
3. What does Alice do the night that it rains?
(a) She starts yelling frantically from her window.
(b) She goes to bed early.
(c) She runs outside, naked.
(d) She cries as she runs around the streets.
4. How long has Dr. Reefy worn the same clothes?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Fifteen years.
5. What does Henry Bradford do to Wing one afternoon at the schoolhouse?
(a) Beat him up.
(b) Offer him a ride out of town.
(c) Threaten his family.
(d) Give him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a carpenter come to the writer's house?
2. How is Wing's power as a teacher described?
3. What is Dr. Reefy doing when the tall, dark girl comes to see him?
4. Who tells David a joke every morning?
5. What does the "half-witted boy" of Wing's school do at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Seth and Helen talk about on their walk?
2. What does Dr. Parcival tell George about his book?
3. What do the stories Dr. Parcival tell mean to George?
4. Why is Joe planting grass seed?
5. What happens to make David fear Jesse?
6. In "Paper Pills", how are the tall, dark girl's suitors different?
7. Why does Tom and his grandmother move to Winesburg?
8. Why does George go to Belle's house?
9. What are the paper pills?
10. Why does Ed Handby want to get married?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)