|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Reefy write on the scraps of paper he keeps in his pockets?
(b) Phone numbers.
2. What does the "half-witted boy" of Wing's school do at night?
(a) Imagine dreams as facts.
(b) Make prank phone calls.
(c) Draw on his walls.
(d) Plan a crime.
3. How long does the writer write for when he gets out of bed and starts writing?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) One day.
4. Where does Dr. Parcival live?
(a) Below the book bookstore.
(b) Above the shoe repair shop.
(c) Next to the baker.
(d) Above the saloon.
5. Why is Jesse interested in the lamb born out of season?
(a) For breeding more sheep.
(b) For ransom.
(c) For dinner.
(d) For a sacrafice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of George's habits?
2. How are the doctor's knuckles described?
3. What does Dr. Reefy ride when he goes house to house?
4. What is Dr. Reefy doing when the tall, dark girl comes to see him?
5. As time passes, what happens to John and Louise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is George careful when he counts his money on the train?
2. How does Enoch want to explain his art to his artist friends in New York City?
3. What does Dr. Parcival do with his brother's money?
4. Why does the woman in the doctor's office have blood on her in "Paper Pills"?
5. How does Enoch's life change when he is twenty-one?
6. What does George decide to do after his mother's death in the story "Death"?
7. What does the drunken stranger say about women and love to Tom and Tandy?
8. What do the stories Dr. Parcival tell mean to George?
9. Even though Seth is called the "deep one", how is this untrue?
10. What is the relationship between Helen and the instructor in "Sophistication"?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)