|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tandy think of her name?
(a) She wants to be called Tandy Hand.
(b) She doesn't say anything about the name.
(c) She does not want to be called Tandy Hand.
(d) She isn't sure yet if it's a good fit for her.
2. Why does Enoch lock the woman in his building in his apartment?
(a) He wants to slap her.
(b) He's trying to kiss her.
(c) He has too much to drink.
(d) He's trying to explain something to her.
3. When the traveling salesman visits the store, what does Elmer do?
(a) Makes extra coffee.
(b) Points a gun at the salesman.
(c) Pay too much for the salesman's goods.
(d) Let Ebenezer make all the decisions.
4. Where does Wash's wife go after they break up?
(a) To Winesburg.
(b) To her mother's.
(c) To her father's.
(d) To her lover's.
5. What makes Hal different from Ray?
(a) Hal hates people.
(b) Hal is always getting into trouble.
(c) Hal is older than Ray.
(d) Hal is married.
6. What does the Reverend call Kate the night he visits George?
(a) An old maid.
(b) A truly passionate person.
(c) An instrument of God.
(d) A distraction.
7. When Helen and Seth go for a walk, how does Helen feel about Seth?
(a) She thinks he is scary.
(b) She thinks he is loud.
(c) She thinks he is manly.
(d) She thinks he is shy.
8. Who names the girl "Tandy"?
(a) The drunken stranger.
(b) Her mother.
(c) George Willard.
(d) Her father.
9. What is a job Ray wants to do when he is younger?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A musician.
(c) A farmhand.
(d) A sailor.
10. What happens to Seth's father?
(a) He moves to Europe.
(b) He dies of a disease.
(c) He leaves home when Seth is young.
(d) He is killed.
11. What does George decide to do the day his mother dies?
(a) Make a change in his life.
(b) Save the hotel.
(c) Kill his father.
(d) Buy a car.
12. Where does Enoch move after he gets married?
(d) New York City.
13. How does Ed make George feel at the end of "An Awakening"?
14. How many dates do Ed and Belle have?
15. According to Will Henderson, what does Cowley and Son's store sell?
(a) Everything and nothing.
(b) The best home goods.
(c) Things that are too expensive.
(d) Not enough stuff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of person does Seth think Helen ends up with?
2. What does Elizabeth do once she returns home from visiting Dr. Reefy?
3. What does George borrow from Kate?
4. At the end of this story, George is the last person in Winesburg to do what?
5. Why does Tom steal $1.75?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)