|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens with Elizabeth tells Dr. Reefy about the time she tries to run away?
(a) She runs out of the room.
(b) Dr. Reefy slaps her.
(c) They kiss.
(d) Dr. Reefy charges her for the visit.
2. What does Reverend Curtis do to the window in his office after he sees Kate through it the first time?
(a) He shatters the glass.
(b) He gets new curtains.
(c) He makes a small hole in it.
(d) He boards it up.
3. How does Seth respond to his mother when she scolds him?
(a) He cries.
(b) He looks her straight in the eyes.
(c) He runs away from home.
(d) He yells back at her.
4. Who names the girl "Tandy"?
(a) The drunken stranger.
(b) Her father.
(c) George Willard.
(d) Her mother.
5. Who does Elmer open up to about his feelings for his family?
6. What does Wash do with the banker's wife's letter?
(a) Puts it in a box.
(b) Tears it up.
(c) Sends it back.
(d) Burns it.
7. What is Tom's voice like?
(a) Deep and quiet.
(b) Loud and abrasive.
(c) High pitched and squeeky.
(d) Soft and gentle.
8. What does Ed do when George interrupts his marriage proposal to Belle?
(a) He threatens George and Belle physically.
(b) He shoves George into the bushes.
(c) He tells Belle he doesn't want her anyway.
(d) He leaves Belle's house.
9. How does Ed make George feel at the end of "An Awakening"?
10. What part of Ray's body is bowed from too much work?
(a) His back.
(b) His knees.
(c) His elbows.
(d) His shoulders.
11. What type of friends does Enoch prefer?
12. When Ray goes to talk to Hal, what does Hal say he is not?
(a) A coward.
(b) A fool.
(c) An idiot.
(d) A rich man.
13. What does Elmer believe the town thinks about him and his father?
(a) That they are broke.
(b) That they are smart.
(c) That they are strange.
(d) That they are dangerous.
14. What does the drunken stranger do to Tandy when he visits her and Tom one evening?
(a) He falls down drunk.
(b) He slaps her across the face.
(c) He kisses her feet.
(d) He kneels and kisses her hands.
15. What are Tom's religious beliefs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says they are a "fool" to marry their wife?
2. How do the people of Winesburg describe Kate?
3. What makes Hal different from Ray?
4. How old is Tandy?
5. Where does Wash's wife go after they break up?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)