|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Parcival say happens to Dr. Cronin?
(a) Dr. Cronin is arrested.
(b) Dr. Cronin is robbed.
(c) Dr. Cronin moves to Iowa.
(d) Dr. Cronin is murdered.
2. Where does Dr. Parcival live?
(a) Below the book bookstore.
(b) Above the shoe repair shop.
(c) Above the saloon.
(d) Next to the baker.
3. Why does Alice join the Winesburg Methodist Church?
(a) Because she has a crush on Will.
(b) Because she wants to find God.
(c) Because she thinks she sins.
(d) Because she is lonely.
4. What does the writer name his book?
(a) When I Could Not Sleep.
(b) The Book of the Grotesque.
(c) Grotesque Dreams.
(d) The Book of Me.
5. What does Dr. Parcival tell George he does for a living?
(a) Newspaper reporter.
(b) Professional thief.
(d) He doesn't have to work before this.
6. What part of his health concerns the writer?
(a) His legs.
(b) His heart.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His lungs.
7. What is Dr. Reefy doing when the tall, dark girl comes to see him?
(a) Putting a bandage on a woman.
(b) Pulling a tooth.
(c) Writing on a scrap of paper.
(d) Cleaning up blood.
8. What happens during the spring after the tall, dark girl marries Dr. Reefy?
(a) The girl loses her money.
(b) The girl dies.
(c) The girl gives birth.
(d) The doctor leaves the girl.
9. As time passes, what happens to John and Louise?
(a) They grow distant.
(b) They fall deeper in love.
(c) They start to earn money.
(d) They debate moving from Ohio.
10. Where does Wing live during his youth?
11. What do the writer and the carpenter have in common?
(a) They both ride bikes.
(b) The both are in prison.
(c) The both have white mustaches.
(d) They both lose a brother.
12. What does Joe tell George and Sarah's father at the Willard house?
(a) To imagine a world without the ground.
(b) To imagine a world without bees.
(c) To imagine a world without crops.
(d) To imagine a world without grass.
13. Who believes you are never be too smart for Sarah?
(a) Dr. Parcival.
(d) Sarah's father.
14. What does the doctor read to the girl in the winter?
(a) His medical texts.
(b) All the novels in the house.
(c) What he writes on scraps of paper.
(d) The daily newspaper.
15. When the writer is lying in bed, what does he compare himself to?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A moose.
(d) A pregnant woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Louise tell George to wait?
2. What is the name of Tom and Elizabeth's hotel?
3. What does Alice sometimes do with her blanket?
4. Why does Jesse's brothers and father stay silent on the farm?
5. What body part does Wing use to help him talk?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)