Short Answer Key
The Book of the Grotesque
1. Why does a carpenter come to the writer's house?
To raise his bed.
2. What war is the carpenter part of?
The Civil War.
3. What do the writer and the carpenter have in common?
The both have white mustaches.
4. What part of his health concerns the writer?
5. When the writer is lying in bed, what does he compare himself to?
A pregnant woman.
6. What does the writer think about as he lies in his bed?
The people he knows.
7. Why does the writer get out of bed and start writing?
He is thinking of the grotesques.
8. How long does the writer write for when he gets out of bed and starts writing?
9. What does the writer name his book?
The Book of the Grotesque.
10. What happens to the writer's book?...
This section contains 2,325 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)