|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sophistication.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer think about as he lies in his bed?
(a) A way to quit smoking.
(b) The people he knows.
(c) Having a baby.
(d) His shopping list.
2. What emotion does Elizabeth feel at the end of the story ,after George share's his plans for his future?
3. At the end of "Loneliness", what is Enoch whining about after talking to George?
(a) That he is broke.
(b) That he hates women.
(c) That he is all alone.
(d) That he misses Brooklyn.
4. What does Henry Bradford do to Wing one afternoon at the schoolhouse?
(a) Beat him up.
(b) Give him money.
(c) Offer him a ride out of town.
(d) Threaten his family.
5. What does Elizabeth's dad make her promise to not tell Tom about?
(a) The leaking roof.
(b) Money in a box.
(c) The family curse.
(d) The hotel's debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom describe Elizabeth's figure?
2. What makes Hal different from Ray?
3. How old is Tandy?
4. Who does the tall, dark girl think she marries?
5. How does Jesse feel about David's disappearance at the end of this story?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)