|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sophistication.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of person does Seth think Helen ends up with?
(a) Someone who talks a lot.
(b) Someone who is rich.
(c) Someone who is shy.
(d) Someone who lives in Winesburg.
2. When David and Jesse are in the forest, what makes David run?
(a) A forest fire starts.
(b) A stranger pulls out a gun.
(c) The lamb starts to attack.
(d) Jesse has a knife.
3. What changes at the farm once David arrives?
(a) It becomes too crowded.
(b) It becomes lonely.
(c) It becomes quieter.
(d) It becomes happier.
4. Where does Wash's wife go after they break up?
(a) To her father's.
(b) To Winesburg.
(c) To her mother's.
(d) To her lover's.
5. At the end of "The Untold Lie", how does Ray feel about the things he tells Hal?
(a) He thinks they are all lies.
(b) He thinks he knows better than Hal.
(c) He thinks he has more to say.
(d) He thinks it's best to stay quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Parcival live?
2. What color does the Big Four paint its stations?
3. What makes Elizabeth use the "feeble flame of life that remains in her body" to get out of bed and creep toward George's bedroom one July evening?
4. How old is Wing at the end of this story?
5. What does the author say makes it difficult for people to understand Jesse?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)