|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Teacher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the neighbors feel about the swampland Jesse buys?
(a) They are grateful to help him improve it.
(b) They ignore him for taking up so much space.
(c) They are fearful of what he builds.
(d) The laugh and hope he loses money.
2. Why does Alice join the Winesburg Methodist Church?
(a) Because she wants to find God.
(b) Because she is lonely.
(c) Because she has a crush on Will.
(d) Because she thinks she sins.
3. How does Seth respond to his mother when she scolds him?
(a) He looks her straight in the eyes.
(b) He runs away from home.
(c) He yells back at her.
(d) He cries.
4. How do the people of Winesburg feel about Reverend Curtis Hartman's sermons?
(a) They feel uninspired.
(b) They feel confused.
(c) They feel spiritually moved.
(d) They feel insulted.
5. Why does Louise end up living with the Hardy family?
(a) To go to high school.
(b) To keep her out of trouble.
(c) To find work.
(d) To hide from her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of person does Seth think Helen ends up with?
2. Who says "I have a desire to make you admire me"?
3. When George goes to his wife after kicking her out, what does he say it takes for him to forgive her?
4. How long has Dr. Reefy worn the same clothes?
5. What does Tom's conversation with George about being successful make Elizabeth want to do?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)