|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Teacher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the writer and the carpenter have in common?
(a) The both are in prison.
(b) They both ride bikes.
(c) The both have white mustaches.
(d) They both lose a brother.
2. Where does Wash's wife go after they break up?
(a) To her lover's.
(b) To her mother's.
(c) To Winesburg.
(d) To her father's.
3. What type of person does Seth think Helen ends up with?
(a) Someone who is shy.
(b) Someone who lives in Winesburg.
(c) Someone who talks a lot.
(d) Someone who is rich.
4. What is one of George's habits?
(a) Biting his fork.
(b) Shaking hands with strangers.
(c) Hiding in his room.
(d) Talking to himself.
5. At the end of this story, who does Reverend Curtis feel is an "instrument of God"?
(b) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Parcival say his objective of coming to Winesburg is?
2. Who says "I have a desire to make you admire me"?
3. What does Joe tell George and Sarah's father at the Willard house?
4. What animal do residents of Winesburg say Wash Williams resembles?
5. How does Tom describe Elizabeth's figure?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)