|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Man of Ideas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the danger of the writer's subject matter?
(a) He becomes grotesque himself.
(b) He doesn't fully understand it.
(c) No one wants to read it.
(d) He runs out of things to write.
2. Who does Joe envy?
(a) George Willard.
(b) Sylvester West.
(c) Sarah King.
(d) Dr. Parcival.
3. What does the writer name his book?
(a) The Book of Me.
(b) When I Could Not Sleep.
(c) The Book of the Grotesque.
(d) Grotesque Dreams.
4. When does George visit Dr. Parcival?
(a) George visits the doctor every morning for a month.
(b) George visits the doctor once a month.
(c) George visits the doctor for lunch each week.
(d) George only sees the doctor at the saloon.
5. What does the woman Dr. Reefy marries leave him when she dies?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her cat.
(d) Her farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Louise Bently describe her relationship with Jesse's farm?
2. What does Jesse want to use his land for?
3. How do the neighbors feel about the swampland Jesse buys?
4. When the writer is lying in bed, what does he compare himself to?
5. How old is Wing at the end of this story?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)