|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Man of Ideas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the writer and the carpenter have in common?
(a) They both ride bikes.
(b) They both lose a brother.
(c) The both have white mustaches.
(d) The both are in prison.
2. When does Dr. Parcival say he prays all night?
(a) When his father dies.
(b) When his mother is ill.
(c) When his brother steals.
(d) When he is about to move.
3. What is Dr. Reefy doing when the tall, dark girl comes to see him?
(a) Writing on a scrap of paper.
(b) Putting a bandage on a woman.
(c) Cleaning up blood.
(d) Pulling a tooth.
4. What does Joe do for a living?
(b) Standard Oil agent.
(d) Sylvester West's drug store clerk.
5. Why does the tall, dark girl originally come see Dr. Reefy?
(a) Because her tooth hurts.
(b) Because she is pregnant.
(c) Because her parents are ill.
(d) Because she needs help with her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George say he has set forth upon when he goes to find Louise?
2. Where does George find Louise when he decides to answer her letter?
3. How does George feel at the end of the story when he is at the drug store?
4. What does Tom's conversation with George about being successful make Elizabeth want to do?
5. Who believes you are never be too smart for Sarah?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)