|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mother.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer think about as he lies in his bed?
(a) A way to quit smoking.
(b) His shopping list.
(c) Having a baby.
(d) The people he knows.
2. When Elizabeth is a girl, how does she startle the people of Winesburg?
(a) By joining a circus.
(b) By wearing men's clothing.
(c) By living alone.
(d) By marrying Tom.
3. What does Elizabeth take out of a cloth bag that hangs on the wall by a nail?
(b) A locket.
(c) A knife.
4. What body part does Wing use to help him talk?
(a) His head.
(b) His mouth.
(c) His hands.
(d) His arms.
5. What is Dr. Reefy doing when the tall, dark girl comes to see him?
(a) Putting a bandage on a woman.
(b) Writing on a scrap of paper.
(c) Cleaning up blood.
(d) Pulling a tooth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom describe Elizabeth's figure?
2. How old is Wing at the end of this story?
3. Why does the writer get out of bed and start writing?
4. What makes Elizabeth use the "feeble flame of life that remains in her body" to get out of bed and creep toward George's bedroom one July evening?
5. Who is Wing's only friend?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)