|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Untold Lie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "the women in the place don't embarrass me although they try hard enough"?
(a) Ed Handby.
(b) Belle Carpenter.
(c) George Willard.
(d) Art Wilson.
2. How old is Wing at the end of this story?
3. How do the people of Winesburg feel about Reverend Curtis Hartman's sermons?
(a) They feel spiritually moved.
(b) They feel insulted.
(c) They feel confused.
(d) They feel uninspired.
4. What makes Hal different from Ray?
(a) Hal is always getting into trouble.
(b) Hal is married.
(c) Hal hates people.
(d) Hal is older than Ray.
5. What happens when Wing forgets about his hands?
(a) He paints a picture.
(b) He forgets how to talk.
(c) He leaves his front porch.
(d) He puts them on George's shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says they are "too greedy for glory"?
2. What does the "half-witted boy" of Wing's school do at night?
3. Why does the tall, dark girl originally come see Dr. Reefy?
4. Who does Elmer open up to about his feelings for his family?
5. What does Ed believe is his only obstacle to get Belle to marry him?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)