|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Untold Lie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people of Winesburg describe Kate?
(a) An intellectual.
(b) An old maid.
(c) A penny pincher.
(d) Very desirable.
2. What does Reverend Curtis do to the window in his office after he sees Kate through it the first time?
(a) He shatters the glass.
(b) He boards it up.
(c) He gets new curtains.
(d) He makes a small hole in it.
3. What does Reverend Curtis think his wife denies him of?
4. What does the author say makes it difficult for people to understand Jesse?
(a) The farm is lost.
(c) His hand writing.
(d) Different Bible translations.
5. What type of work does Seth tell Helen he wants to do?
(a) Work as a great writer like George.
(b) Work where talk doesn't matter.
(c) Work as a berry picker.
(d) Work where he is with people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elmer take twenty dollars from the store?
2. Who does Alice Hindman live with?
3. What does the doctor read to the girl in the winter?
4. What does George tell Seth he wants to write?
5. Why does the tall, dark girl originally come see Dr. Reefy?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)