|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Godliness, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor read to the girl in the winter?
(a) What he writes on scraps of paper.
(b) His medical texts.
(c) All the novels in the house.
(d) The daily newspaper.
2. Why does Jesse place blame on his dead brothers?
(a) They leave their father.
(b) They do not work hard enough.
(c) They fight on the wrong side of the war.
(d) They are Godless.
3. What does Dr. Parcival tell George he does for a living?
(a) He doesn't have to work before this.
(c) Newspaper reporter.
(d) Professional thief.
4. Why does Wing leave Pennsylvania?
(a) He meets a woman.
(b) He gets a new job.
(c) He is bored of his life there.
(d) He is driven out of town.
5. Why does Jesse's brothers and father stay silent on the farm?
(a) They do not want to scare the animals.
(b) It is difficult for them to talk.
(c) It is part of their religion.
(d) They do not like each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jesse come to the family farm?
2. What happens during the spring after the tall, dark girl marries Dr. Reefy?
3. What does Henry Bradford do to Wing one afternoon at the schoolhouse?
4. What does Dr. Reefy ride when he goes house to house?
5. What does Jesse turn to as an explanation for everything?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)