|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Thinker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Reefy ride when he goes house to house?
(a) A small donkey.
(b) A white horse.
(c) A chariot.
(d) A white car.
2. How are the doctor's knuckles described?
(a) Extraordinarily large.
(b) Strangely twisted.
(c) Mysteriously bumpy.
(d) Horribly placed.
3. Why does Alice save her money?
(a) To run off with Will.
(b) To follow Ned.
(c) To buy a house.
(d) To go to Cleveland.
4. Who does Alice Hindman live with?
(a) Her father and stepmother.
(b) Her mother and stepfather.
(c) Her stepsisters.
(d) She lives alone at a boarding house.
5. What type of person does Seth think Helen ends up with?
(a) Someone who is rich.
(b) Someone who is shy.
(c) Someone who lives in Winesburg.
(d) Someone who talks a lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louise do to a farmhand at her family's farm one weekend?
2. What type of work does Seth tell Helen he wants to do?
3. Why does Alice join the Winesburg Methodist Church?
4. When Helen and Seth go for a walk, how does Helen feel about Seth?
5. What does Louise do for John Hardy?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)