|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through An Awakening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal do residents of Winesburg say Wash Williams resembles?
(a) A deer.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A bear.
(d) A monkey.
2. What does Wash do with the banker's wife's letter?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Puts it in a box.
(c) Sends it back.
(d) Tears it up.
3. Who says they are a "fool" to marry their wife?
(c) Ed Griffith.
(d) The banker.
4. Why does Jesse come to the family farm?
(a) His mother is lonely.
(b) His father is ill.
(c) He drops out of school.
(d) All his brothers die in the Civil War.
5. Why does Jesse place blame on his dead brothers?
(a) They leave their father.
(b) They fight on the wrong side of the war.
(c) They do not work hard enough.
(d) They are Godless.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ed make George feel at the end of "An Awakening"?
2. Why does Jesse's brothers and father stay silent on the farm?
3. Who says "the women in the place don't embarrass me although they try hard enough"?
4. When George goes to his wife after kicking her out, what does he say it takes for him to forgive her?
5. What is Wash's job?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)