|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through An Awakening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesse turn to as an explanation for everything?
(a) The hand of God.
(b) The opinions of his father.
(c) Farming magazines.
(d) The opinions of his wife.
2. What is Wash's job?
(c) Telegraph operator.
(d) Wash is unemployed.
3. Why does Jesse come to the family farm?
(a) His father is ill.
(b) All his brothers die in the Civil War.
(c) He drops out of school.
(d) His mother is lonely.
4. What does the author say makes it difficult for people to understand Jesse?
(a) His hand writing.
(c) The farm is lost.
(d) Different Bible translations.
5. When George goes to his wife after kicking her out, what does he say it takes for him to forgive her?
(a) For her to touch him.
(b) For her to give him his money back.
(c) For her to cry.
(d) Nothing makes him forgive her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wash do with the banker's wife's letter?
2. What does Ed believe is his only obstacle to get Belle to marry him?
3. Who says they are a "fool" to marry their wife?
4. Why does Jesse place blame on his dead brothers?
5. How does Ed make George feel at the end of "An Awakening"?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)