The Book of the Grotesque
* A writer has a carpenter come over to raise his bed to look out the window.
* The carpenter shares the story of his life.
* The writer tries to sleep and he dreams of the people he knows and their truths.
* The writer decides to write a book about the people he knows and their truths, which he calls "grotesques".
* The writer's book is never published.
* A man named Wing lives in a small town and keeps mostly to himself.
* Wing is known for his hands, but he also fears them.
* Wing used to live in Pennsylvania where he works as a teacher.
* A student accuses Wing of touching him inappropriately and he is eventually driven from town without any idea of the accusation.
* Dr. Reefy is a small town doctor.
* A tall, dark girl visits him when she is pregnant...
This section contains 1,565 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)