|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major military move does Roon defend in Part 3?
2. Where is Teddy Gallard stationed?
3. What does Byron ask Natalie in Florida?
4. What ship does Carter Aster want Byron posted on in Part 3?
5. What regret does Natalie have after her father's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Byron motivate Roosevelt to intervene on behalf of Natalie and Aaron?
2. How does Victor react to Roosevelt's response to the sinking of the Bismarck?
3. What difficulty does Roosevelt face when considering how to help the British defend themselves against the Germans?
4. Why is Teddy Gallard moved to a private cell?
5. What fears does Teddy Gallard discuss with Victor and Pamela?
6. Why is Victor assigned to escort an elderly veteran to a Memorial Day parade?
7. What project does Victor undertake with 35 surplus Navy planes?
8. What concern does Warren have over Madeline's relationship with Bozey?
9. What caution does E.J. Tillet give Victor about American neutrality?
10. What mission does Winston Churchill invite Victor to join?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the elements of intrigue and suspense used in the novel? Which characters and events are defined by the use of intrigue and suspense? How is suspense used to affect the mood of the novel? How is intrigue used to further the action of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the different perspectives that characters have of the conflict based on their nationality. Which perspectives are predominant in the novel? What role does perspective play in motivating the action of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What types of conflict are expressed in the novel? How does the author build conflict? How do minor conflicts relate to the major conflict of the novel?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)