Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Victor asked to accompany the President on a brief trip?
2. Where do the Germans attack after the Normandy invasion?
3. Who does Victor meet in Guam?
4. Who does the President send on a mission to the North Atlantic?
5. Who invites Palmer to dinner in Part 3?
Essay Topic 1
How are the elements of intrigue and suspense used in the novel? Which characters and events are defined by the use of intrigue and suspense? How is suspense used to affect the mood of the novel? How is intrigue used to further the action of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
How does technology affect the action in the novel? What factors drive invention and how is new technology used? What is the importance of the cavity magnetron and the U-boat?
Essay Topic 3
What types of conflict are expressed in the novel? How does the author build conflict? How do minor conflicts relate to the major conflict of the novel?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)