Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Victor asked to accompany the President on a brief trip?
2. Where do the Germans attack after the Normandy invasion?
3. Who does Victor meet in Guam?
4. Who does the President send on a mission to the North Atlantic?
5. Who invites Palmer to dinner in Part 3?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use characterization to develop relationships in the novel? How are major characters developed? What is the purpose of the minor characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the themes of loyalty, bravery and heroism are used in the novel. Which characters demonstrate all of these qualities and what motivates them to exhibit these characteristics? How do these characters affect those around them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the theme of love is expressed in the novel. Do the characters equate marriage with love? What risks are the characters willing to take in the name of love and how does this emotion affect their actions?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)