Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Victor asked to accompany the President on a brief trip?
2. Where do the Germans attack after the Normandy invasion?
3. Who does Victor meet in Guam?
4. Who does the President send on a mission to the North Atlantic?
5. Who invites Palmer to dinner in Part 3?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the theme of love is expressed in the novel. Do the characters equate marriage with love? What risks are the characters willing to take in the name of love and how does this emotion affect their actions?
Essay Topic 2
What influence does social class have on the characters in the novel? How does the war affect social class? What risks are characters willing to take to preserve or gain social status?
Essay Topic 3
How are demonstrations, or protests, used in the novel? Why do some characters choose to protest while others remain silent? Describe how some characters use demonstration to protest for other characters.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)