|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Victor confide in about his trip with the President?
2. What is Sewell Bozeman's nickname?
3. What do Natalie and Byron plan to do on his three days of shore leave?
4. To whom is Warren engaged?
5. Who does Byron see kissing Madeline in Part 3?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the themes of loyalty, bravery and heroism are used in the novel. Which characters demonstrate all of these qualities and what motivates them to exhibit these characteristics? How do these characters affect those around them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how characters are tempted in the novel. What choices do some characters make that allow them to be tempted? What risks do they allow themselves to face and what are the results of their temptations?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use characterization to develop relationships in the novel? How are major characters developed? What is the purpose of the minor characters?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)