|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Byron ask Natalie in Florida?
2. What major military move does Roon defend in Part 3?
3. Where is Victor ordered to go after the Memorial Day parade?
4. What happened to the men who were imprisoned with Teddy Gallard?
5. Why is Victor asked to accompany the President on a brief trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concern does Warren have over Madeline's relationship with Bozey?
2. How is the Henry family affected by the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
3. How does Byron motivate Roosevelt to intervene on behalf of Natalie and Aaron?
4. Describe the unique dinner party hosted by Wolf Stoller.
5. What difficulty does Aaron have with his passport?
6. Why does Berel Jastrow move to Russia?
7. Why is Teddy Gallard moved to a private cell?
8. Why is Victor assigned to escort an elderly veteran to a Memorial Day parade?
9. What project does Victor undertake with 35 surplus Navy planes?
10. Why is Natalie forced to give birth to her son in Europe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is propaganda used in the novel? How are propaganda programs implemented? What non-media propaganda exists and how is it used in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the contrasts between the antagonist and protagonist of the novel. What type of character does the protagonist exhibit? How does the author define the antagonist? How do these characters affect the action of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the different perspectives that characters have of the conflict based on their nationality. Which perspectives are predominant in the novel? What role does perspective play in motivating the action of the novel?
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)