|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Victor ordered to escort to the Memorial Day parade?
2. Where is Victor told to send the thirty-five surplus Navy planes?
3. Who does the President send on a mission to the North Atlantic?
4. Who agrees to assist Natalie in Italy with the red tape that is preventing Aaron from leaving Italy?
5. What major military move does Roon defend in Part 3?
Essay Topic 1
What is the great tragedy of the novel? Describe how the minor crises of the characters combine to form a greater grief for mankind. What revelation does the novel's tragedy impart to the readers?
Essay Topic 2
How are the elements of intrigue and suspense used in the novel? Which characters and events are defined by the use of intrigue and suspense? How is suspense used to affect the mood of the novel? How is intrigue used to further the action of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What influence does social class have on the characters in the novel? How does the war affect social class? What risks are characters willing to take to preserve or gain social status?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)