Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Victor asked to accompany the President on a brief trip?
2. Where do the Germans attack after the Normandy invasion?
3. Who does Victor meet in Guam?
4. Who does the President send on a mission to the North Atlantic?
5. Who invites Palmer to dinner in Part 3?
Essay Topic 1
How are the elements of intrigue and suspense used in the novel? Which characters and events are defined by the use of intrigue and suspense? How is suspense used to affect the mood of the novel? How is intrigue used to further the action of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
How is propaganda used in the novel? How are propaganda programs implemented? What non-media propaganda exists and how is it used in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the symbolism of Aaron's passport. Compare his initial reaction to the inconvenience his passport causes to the desperation with which later he strives for its renewal. What does Natalie's willingness to help Aaron symbolize? What does the passport symbolize to both Jewish and American characters?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)