|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Byron ask Natalie in Florida?
(a) Why she married Leslie.
(b) To return to Europe.
(c) To marry him.
(d) To leave Leslie.
2. Which character agrees to go with Natalie to Siena and help Aaron?
(a) Berel Jastrow.
(b) Palmer Kirby.
(c) Leslie Slote.
(d) Pamela Tudsbury.
3. In 1941, what news does Natalie send Byron in a letter?
(a) She wants a divorce.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) Warren is dead.
(d) His parents are divorcing.
4. What regret does Natalie have after her father's death?
(a) She did not spend enough time with him.
(b) She did not make it home before he died.
(c) She spent too much time trying to please others.
(d) She did not tell him she loved him.
5. To whom is Warren engaged?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "Royal Oak"?
2. Where does Natalie await Byron for his three days of shore leave?
3. Who is Sumner Welles?
4. What happened to the men who were imprisoned with Teddy Gallard?
5. Who does Victor meet in Guam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Natalie's plan to help Aaron with his passport troubles anger Byron?
2. How does Pamela affect Victor's relationship with Rhoda?
3. How does Byron adapt to military life?
4. What mission does Winston Churchill invite Victor to join?
5. What project does Victor undertake with 35 surplus Navy planes?
6. What new technology does E.J. Tillet share with Victor?
7. What caution does E.J. Tillet give Victor about American neutrality?
8. How does Palmer Kirby affect Rhoda's relationship with Victor?
9. What is the importance of the sinking of the Bismarck?
10. Why does Rhoda end her relationship with Palmer?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)