|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Rhoda have as the family leaves Warren's wedding reception?
(a) Warren made a mistake.
(b) All of her children are leaving her.
(c) The war is interrupting their family time.
(d) She has no family left.
2. Who does Byron see kissing Madeline in Part 3?
(a) Palmer Kirby.
(b) Hugh Cleveland.
(d) Leslie Slote.
3. Where does Natalie await Byron for his three days of shore leave?
(a) Biggin Hill.
4. Who invites Palmer to dinner in Part 3?
5. What does Janice see flying over Pearl Harbor?
(a) German planes.
(b) Wild geese.
(c) Italian planes.
(d) Japanese planes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Byron live with Aaron when he returns to work for him in Italy?
2. Who is Sumner Welles?
3. What does Byron ask Natalie in Florida?
4. Who does Victor confide in about his trip with the President?
5. Why does the commanding officer of Byron's submarine report engine trouble and stop for repairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Natalie return home to her mother and father's house?
2. Describe the unique dinner party hosted by Wolf Stoller.
3. Why do Warren and Janice move their wedding date?
4. What caution does E.J. Tillet give Victor about American neutrality?
5. How does Victor react to Roosevelt's response to the sinking of the Bismarck?
6. What difficulty does Roosevelt face when considering how to help the British defend themselves against the Germans?
7. What difficulty does Aaron have with his passport?
8. What project does Victor undertake with 35 surplus Navy planes?
9. How does Natalie's plan to help Aaron with his passport troubles anger Byron?
10. How does Byron motivate Roosevelt to intervene on behalf of Natalie and Aaron?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)