|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Byron want Victor to ask the President?
(a) For money.
(b) For transport back to New York.
(c) To allow Victor to stay at home.
(d) To help Natalie and Aaron escape Italy.
2. What major military move does Roon defend in Part 3?
(a) The destruction of Warsaw.
(b) The opening of the second front.
(c) The invasion of Pearl Harbor.
(d) The burning of the concentration camps.
3. What does Janice see flying over Pearl Harbor?
(a) Italian planes.
(b) German planes.
(c) Japanese planes.
(d) Wild geese.
4. What news does Natalie send Byron in a telegram in Part 3?
(a) She wants a divorce.
(b) Aaron is dead.
(c) She has given birth to a son.
(d) Warren is dead.
5. Why is Victor asked to accompany the President on a brief trip?
(a) Victor has connections in Berlin.
(b) The President is ill.
(c) The President wants to speak to Victor in private.
(d) The President needs his protection.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Victor react to the proposed bribe from the Germans?
2. What concern about British pilots does Teddy Gallard discuss with Victor?
3. According to Victor, what would Americans rather expend in war?
4. Why is Victor transferred from the Tuscaloosa to the Augusta?
5. Which character does Janice tend after the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficulty does Aaron have with his passport?
2. How does Palmer Kirby affect Rhoda's relationship with Victor?
3. What concern does Warren have over Madeline's relationship with Bozey?
4. What mission does Winston Churchill invite Victor to join?
5. What mission sends Victor to Italy?
6. What analogy does Armin von Roon and other Germans make for Victor to justify the German's treatment of the Jews?
7. What caution does E.J. Tillet give Victor about American neutrality?
8. Describe the unique dinner party hosted by Wolf Stoller.
9. Why does Natalie return home to her mother and father's house?
10. What is the importance of the sinking of the Bismarck?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)