|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Victor assigned to do with thirty-five surplus Navy planes?
(a) Hide them in Hawaii.
(b) Remove their Naval markings.
(c) Destroy them.
(d) Send them to Poland.
2. What does Janice see flying over Pearl Harbor?
(a) Wild geese.
(b) Italian planes.
(c) Japanese planes.
(d) German planes.
3. Where does Natalie await Byron for his three days of shore leave?
(b) Biggin Hill.
4. Who agrees to assist Natalie in Italy with the red tape that is preventing Aaron from leaving Italy?
(a) August Van Winaker II.
(b) Armin von Roon.
(c) E.J. Tillet.
(d) Benito Mussolini.
5. What does Byron want Victor to ask the President?
(a) To allow Victor to stay at home.
(b) For money.
(c) For transport back to New York.
(d) To help Natalie and Aaron escape Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Victor react to the proposed bribe from the Germans?
2. With whom is Rhoda having an affair?
3. Why does the commanding officer of Byron's submarine report engine trouble and stop for repairs?
4. Who does Victor meet in Guam?
5. What submarine is Byron posted on in Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Victor react to Roosevelt's response to the sinking of the Bismarck?
2. How does Byron adapt to military life?
3. What difficulty does Roosevelt face when considering how to help the British defend themselves against the Germans?
4. Why do Warren and Janice move their wedding date?
5. Why is Victor assigned to escort an elderly veteran to a Memorial Day parade?
6. What difficulty does Aaron have with his passport?
7. What project does Victor undertake with 35 surplus Navy planes?
8. How does Natalie's plan to help Aaron with his passport troubles anger Byron?
9. Why does Rhoda end her relationship with Palmer?
10. How does Pamela affect Victor's relationship with Rhoda?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)