|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Aaron request that Natalie contact in Chapter 26?
(a) Berel Jastrow.
(b) Palmer Kirby.
(c) Pamela Tudsbury.
(d) Leslie Slote.
2. What complaint does Rhoda have as the family leaves Warren's wedding reception?
(a) Warren made a mistake.
(b) The war is interrupting their family time.
(c) All of her children are leaving her.
(d) She has no family left.
3. Who does Victor meet in Guam?
(a) Leslie Slote.
(b) Kip Tollever.
(c) Admiral Stewart Preble.
(d) Palmer Kirby.
4. Why does Byron live with Aaron when he returns to work for him in Italy?
(a) Aaron needs a driver.
(b) He cannot afford his own apartment.
(c) The gas shortage causes buses to be erratic.
(d) He wants to be closer to Natalie.
5. What news does Rhoda send Victor in a letter in Part 3?
(a) Aaron is dead.
(b) She loves him.
(c) Palmer is dead.
(d) She wants a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Victor ordered to go after the Memorial Day parade?
2. To what does General Roon equate the German's treatment of the Jews?
3. Who is E.J. Tillet?
4. What major military move does Roon defend in Part 3?
5. In 1941, what news does Natalie send Byron in a letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficulty does Aaron have with his passport?
2. How does Palmer Kirby affect Rhoda's relationship with Victor?
3. How does Victor react to Roosevelt's response to the sinking of the Bismarck?
4. How does Pamela affect Victor's relationship with Rhoda?
5. What caution does E.J. Tillet give Victor about American neutrality?
6. What difficulty does Roosevelt face when considering how to help the British defend themselves against the Germans?
7. How does Byron adapt to military life?
8. Why does Natalie return home to her mother and father's house?
9. Why do Warren and Janice move their wedding date?
10. What concern does Warren have over Madeline's relationship with Bozey?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)