|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Luigi Gianelli?
(a) An American banker.
(b) An author.
(c) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
(d) A British physician.
2. Which character agrees to go with Natalie to Siena and help Aaron?
(a) Berel Jastrow.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Pamela Tudsbury.
(d) Palmer Kirby.
3. Why is Aaron unable to leave Italy?
(a) He refuses to leave without Natalie.
(b) There are problems with his passport.
(c) He is too ill to travel.
(d) His book has not been published.
4. Why is Victor transferred from the Tuscaloosa to the Augusta?
(a) The Augusta is bound for London.
(b) The President is on the Augusta.
(c) He needs to gain access to new radar equipment.
(d) The Tuscaloosa is about to dock for repairs.
5. Where does Natalie await Byron for his three days of shore leave?
(c) Biggin Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aaron receive in Part 3?
2. Who does the President send on a mission to the North Atlantic?
3. According to Roon, why was Germany unsuccessful in its air attacks against Britain?
4. Why doesn't General Roon attend the hunt after Stroller's dinner party?
5. What type of training does Victor want Byron to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Natalie's plan to help Aaron with his passport troubles anger Byron?
2. What is the importance of the sinking of the Bismarck?
3. What mission sends Victor to Italy?
4. What difficulty does Roosevelt face when considering how to help the British defend themselves against the Germans?
5. How does Victor react to Roosevelt's response to the sinking of the Bismarck?
6. What difficulty does Aaron have with his passport?
7. What fears does Teddy Gallard discuss with Victor and Pamela?
8. How does Pamela affect Victor's relationship with Rhoda?
9. How does Palmer Kirby affect Rhoda's relationship with Victor?
10. What explanation does Armin von Roon give for the failed German air campaign against the British?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)