|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Victor asked to accompany the President on a brief trip?
(a) The President needs his protection.
(b) The President wants to speak to Victor in private.
(c) Victor has connections in Berlin.
(d) The President is ill.
2. What type of training does Victor want Byron to have?
(a) Pilot training.
(b) Submarine training.
(c) Officer school.
(d) Radar technology instruction.
3. To whom does Victor declare his love while away from home?
4. To what does General Roon equate the German's treatment of the Jews?
(a) America's treatment of the Native Americans.
(b) Britain's treatment of the people of India.
(c) America's treatment of negroes in the South.
(d) Britain's treatment of the Aborigines in Australia.
5. What concern about British pilots does Teddy Gallard discuss with Victor?
(d) Equipment failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is being held in a private cell in Germany?
2. Which character does Janice tend after the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
3. According to Victor, what would Americans rather expend in war?
4. To what rank is Victor promoted while in Rome?
5. Why does Natalie return home to her mother and father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explanation does Armin von Roon give for the failed German air campaign against the British?
2. What mission does Winston Churchill invite Victor to join?
3. Why does Berel Jastrow move to Russia?
4. How does Palmer Kirby affect Rhoda's relationship with Victor?
5. Why does Rhoda end her relationship with Palmer?
6. How does Pamela affect Victor's relationship with Rhoda?
7. What caution does E.J. Tillet give Victor about American neutrality?
8. Describe the unique dinner party hosted by Wolf Stoller.
9. How does Byron motivate Roosevelt to intervene on behalf of Natalie and Aaron?
10. Why is Natalie forced to give birth to her son in Europe?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)