|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Byron live with Aaron when he returns to work for him in Italy?
(a) He cannot afford his own apartment.
(b) The gas shortage causes buses to be erratic.
(c) Aaron needs a driver.
(d) He wants to be closer to Natalie.
2. What is Sewell Bozeman's nickname?
3. What news does Natalie send Byron in a telegram in Part 3?
(a) She has given birth to a son.
(b) Warren is dead.
(c) She wants a divorce.
(d) Aaron is dead.
4. According to Victor, what would Americans rather expend in war?
(a) Human lives.
(b) Machinery and technology.
5. Why doesn't General Roon attend the hunt after Stroller's dinner party?
(a) He doesn't like to see deer shot.
(b) He is busy making notes for his next book.
(c) His lame leg hinders his ability to hunt.
(d) He dislikes the cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which ship is sunk while Rhoda, Victor, Byron and Madeline have dinner at the White House?
2. What does Aaron receive in Part 3?
3. In what activity does Winston Churchill ask Victor to take part?
4. What does Janice see flying over Pearl Harbor?
5. What do Natalie and Byron plan to do on his three days of shore leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What project does Victor undertake with 35 surplus Navy planes?
2. Why is Teddy Gallard moved to a private cell?
3. Why is Victor assigned to escort an elderly veteran to a Memorial Day parade?
4. Describe the unique dinner party hosted by Wolf Stoller.
5. How does Palmer Kirby affect Rhoda's relationship with Victor?
6. How does Pamela affect Victor's relationship with Rhoda?
7. What is the importance of the sinking of the Bismarck?
8. Why does Natalie return home to her mother and father's house?
9. What difficulty does Roosevelt face when considering how to help the British defend themselves against the Germans?
10. What explanation does Armin von Roon give for the failed German air campaign against the British?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)