|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Natalie return home to her mother and father?
(a) Her mother fears for her safety.
(b) Her father is very ill.
(c) Her parents do not approve of Byron.
(d) Her parents do not approve of Leslie.
2. Which character is being held in a private cell in Germany?
(a) Wolf Stoller.
(b) Armin von Roon.
(c) Teddy Gallard.
3. Who does Victor confide in about his trip with the President?
4. Which ship is sunk while Rhoda, Victor, Byron and Madeline have dinner at the White House?
(a) The Dauntless.
(b) The Edinburgh.
(c) The Bismarck.
(d) The Lusitania.
5. How does Victor react to the proposed bribe from the Germans?
(a) He asks for time to consider the offer.
(b) He vehemently refuses the bribe.
(c) He hits the speaker.
(d) He accepts the bribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the guests proceed to dinner at Wolf Stroller's dinner party?
2. What is Victor assigned to do with thirty-five surplus Navy planes?
3. Who sends the message, "Eat Hearty, more coming, Mother Hubbard"?
4. According to Victor, what would Americans rather expend in war?
5. According to Roon, what month should the Germans have attacked London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new technology does E.J. Tillet share with Victor?
2. Why is Natalie forced to give birth to her son in Europe?
3. What caution does E.J. Tillet give Victor about American neutrality?
4. What explanation does Armin von Roon give for the failed German air campaign against the British?
5. How does Natalie's plan to help Aaron with his passport troubles anger Byron?
6. How does Pamela affect Victor's relationship with Rhoda?
7. How does Victor react to Roosevelt's response to the sinking of the Bismarck?
8. How does Byron motivate Roosevelt to intervene on behalf of Natalie and Aaron?
9. Why does Natalie return home to her mother and father's house?
10. What mission sends Victor to Italy?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)