|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Victor confide in about his trip with the President?
2. Where do the Germans attack after the Normandy invasion?
3. Why is Victor asked to accompany the President on a brief trip?
(a) The President is ill.
(b) The President wants to speak to Victor in private.
(c) Victor has connections in Berlin.
(d) The President needs his protection.
4. What nickname do the British pilots give Victor?
(b) Admiral Henry.
5. According to Roosevelt, why are the British unable to assist the French?
(a) They do not like the French government.
(b) They need their aircraft for self-defense.
(c) The Channel is too cold.
(d) Communication technology is too limited.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Victor ordered to go after the Memorial Day parade?
2. What concern about British pilots does Teddy Gallard discuss with Victor?
3. Where is Byron when the Devilfish sinks?
4. Who agrees to assist Natalie in Italy with the red tape that is preventing Aaron from leaving Italy?
5. What does Victor learn in a letter after he completes his British bomber mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Natalie return home to her mother and father's house?
2. Why do Warren and Janice move their wedding date?
3. What difficulty does Roosevelt face when considering how to help the British defend themselves against the Germans?
4. What fears does Teddy Gallard discuss with Victor and Pamela?
5. What difficulty does Aaron have with his passport?
6. How does Byron motivate Roosevelt to intervene on behalf of Natalie and Aaron?
7. What mission does Winston Churchill invite Victor to join?
8. How does Palmer Kirby affect Rhoda's relationship with Victor?
9. What explanation does Armin von Roon give for the failed German air campaign against the British?
10. What caution does E.J. Tillet give Victor about American neutrality?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)