|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event brings Byron back to the United States?
(a) Warren's wedding.
(b) Madeline's wedding.
(c) Congressman Lacouture's funeral.
(d) His father's promotion.
2. Who is Sumner Welles?
(a) An American banker.
(b) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
(c) An author.
(d) A physician.
3. Which character is being held in a private cell in Germany?
(b) Armin von Roon.
(c) Wolf Stoller.
(d) Teddy Gallard.
4. Who does Byron see kissing Madeline in Part 3?
(a) Palmer Kirby.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(d) Hugh Cleveland.
5. What major military move does Roon defend in Part 3?
(a) The destruction of Warsaw.
(b) The burning of the concentration camps.
(c) The opening of the second front.
(d) The invasion of Pearl Harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Natalie and Byron plan to do on his three days of shore leave?
2. Which character agrees to go with Natalie to Siena and help Aaron?
3. According to Victor, what would Americans rather expend in war?
4. What nickname do the British pilots give Victor?
5. Why does Natalie return home to her mother and father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficulty does Aaron have with his passport?
2. What mission does Winston Churchill invite Victor to join?
3. What difficulty does Roosevelt face when considering how to help the British defend themselves against the Germans?
4. What new technology does E.J. Tillet share with Victor?
5. How is the Henry family affected by the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
6. How does Byron adapt to military life?
7. Why is Natalie forced to give birth to her son in Europe?
8. What bribe is Victor offered?
9. What mission sends Victor to Italy?
10. How does Natalie's plan to help Aaron with his passport troubles anger Byron?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)