|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Victor, what would Americans rather expend in war?
(a) Human lives.
(d) Machinery and technology.
2. Who is Luigi Gianelli scheduled to meet in Rome?
3. What concern about British pilots does Teddy Gallard discuss with Victor?
(c) Equipment failure.
4. What does Byron want Victor to ask the President?
(a) For money.
(b) To allow Victor to stay at home.
(c) For transport back to New York.
(d) To help Natalie and Aaron escape Italy.
5. To which ship is Victor assigned command before it sinks?
(a) The California.
(b) The Alabama.
(c) The Arizona.
(d) The Northampton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does Rhoda have as the family leaves Warren's wedding reception?
2. Who does Aaron request that Natalie contact in Chapter 26?
3. Why is Aaron unable to leave Italy?
4. Which character agrees to go with Natalie to Siena and help Aaron?
5. Where is Victor ordered to go after the Memorial Day parade?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pamela affect Victor's relationship with Rhoda?
2. What concern does Warren have over Madeline's relationship with Bozey?
3. What mission sends Victor to Italy?
4. Why does Rhoda end her relationship with Palmer?
5. Why do Warren and Janice move their wedding date?
6. How does Byron adapt to military life?
7. What project does Victor undertake with 35 surplus Navy planes?
8. Why is Victor assigned to escort an elderly veteran to a Memorial Day parade?
9. What analogy does Armin von Roon and other Germans make for Victor to justify the German's treatment of the Jews?
10. How does Byron motivate Roosevelt to intervene on behalf of Natalie and Aaron?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)