|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Teddy Gallard?
(a) A British physician.
(b) An American banker.
(c) Pamela's fiancé.
(d) Pamela's cousin.
2. What is the "Royal Oak"?
(a) One of Roosevelt's secret missions.
(b) A foreign policy program designed by Victor.
(c) A book written by Armin von Roon.
(d) A British ship sunk by a German U-boat.
3. What do Natalie and Byron plan to do on his three days of shore leave?
(a) Secure Natalie's passport.
(b) Lie on the beach and drink wine.
(c) Secure Aaron's passport.
(d) Get married.
4. In 1941, what news does Natalie send Byron in a letter?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) Warren is dead.
(c) She wants a divorce.
(d) His parents are divorcing.
5. Who sends the message, "Eat Hearty, more coming, Mother Hubbard"?
(a) E.J. Tillet.
(c) Digger Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname do the British pilots give Victor?
2. Who meets Victor at the Memorial Day parade?
3. Where is Byron when the Devilfish sinks?
4. What ship does Carter Aster want Byron posted on in Part 3?
5. According to Victor, what would Americans rather expend in war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Warren and Janice move their wedding date?
2. What caution does E.J. Tillet give Victor about American neutrality?
3. How does Victor react to Roosevelt's response to the sinking of the Bismarck?
4. Why is Victor assigned to escort an elderly veteran to a Memorial Day parade?
5. What concern does Warren have over Madeline's relationship with Bozey?
6. How does Byron adapt to military life?
7. Why is Natalie forced to give birth to her son in Europe?
8. What is the importance of the sinking of the Bismarck?
9. What difficulty does Aaron have with his passport?
10. What project does Victor undertake with 35 surplus Navy planes?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)