|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is E.J. Tillet?
(a) A British physician.
(b) Victor's commanding officer.
(c) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
(d) A British military official and author.
2. Where is Byron when the Devilfish sinks?
(a) On board the Tuna.
(b) On shore.
(c) On board the Devilfish.
(d) In Berlin.
3. Who does Victor meet in Guam?
(a) Leslie Slote.
(b) Kip Tollever.
(c) Palmer Kirby.
(d) Admiral Stewart Preble.
4. What event brings Byron back to the United States?
(a) His father's promotion.
(b) Madeline's wedding.
(c) Congressman Lacouture's funeral.
(d) Warren's wedding.
5. What name is given to Victor's grandson?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of training does Victor want Byron to have?
2. Who agrees to assist Natalie in Italy with the red tape that is preventing Aaron from leaving Italy?
3. Who invites Palmer to dinner in Part 3?
4. What does Byron want Victor to ask the President?
5. Who meets Victor at the Memorial Day parade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficulty does Aaron have with his passport?
2. How does Byron adapt to military life?
3. How does Natalie's plan to help Aaron with his passport troubles anger Byron?
4. What bribe is Victor offered?
5. Describe the unique dinner party hosted by Wolf Stoller.
6. Why do Warren and Janice move their wedding date?
7. How does Palmer Kirby affect Rhoda's relationship with Victor?
8. Why does Rhoda end her relationship with Palmer?
9. What explanation does Armin von Roon give for the failed German air campaign against the British?
10. Why does Berel Jastrow move to Russia?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)