|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leslie Slote ask Natalie in a letter?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To send him money.
(c) To leave Poland.
(d) To leave Italy.
2. Where is Victor told to send the thirty-five surplus Navy planes?
3. Where do the Germans attack after the Normandy invasion?
4. Why doesn't General Roon attend the hunt after Stroller's dinner party?
(a) He is busy making notes for his next book.
(b) He doesn't like to see deer shot.
(c) He dislikes the cold.
(d) His lame leg hinders his ability to hunt.
5. What is the "Royal Oak"?
(a) A book written by Armin von Roon.
(b) A foreign policy program designed by Victor.
(c) One of Roosevelt's secret missions.
(d) A British ship sunk by a German U-boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Victor transferred from the Tuscaloosa to the Augusta?
2. What is Victor assigned to do with thirty-five surplus Navy planes?
3. According to Roon, why was Germany unsuccessful in its air attacks against Britain?
4. Why does Natalie leave Switzerland and return to Rome?
5. Who cooks Victor a meal in his flat after he returns from a bomber mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Natalie's plan to help Aaron with his passport troubles anger Byron?
2. Why does Rhoda end her relationship with Palmer?
3. Why is Victor assigned to escort an elderly veteran to a Memorial Day parade?
4. Why do Warren and Janice move their wedding date?
5. How does Pamela affect Victor's relationship with Rhoda?
6. How does Victor react to Roosevelt's response to the sinking of the Bismarck?
7. Why does Natalie return home to her mother and father's house?
8. What concern does Warren have over Madeline's relationship with Bozey?
9. What mission does Winston Churchill invite Victor to join?
10. How does Palmer Kirby affect Rhoda's relationship with Victor?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)