|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What regret does Natalie have after her father's death?
(a) She did not tell him she loved him.
(b) She spent too much time trying to please others.
(c) She did not make it home before he died.
(d) She did not spend enough time with him.
2. Why is Aaron unable to leave Italy?
(a) He is too ill to travel.
(b) He refuses to leave without Natalie.
(c) There are problems with his passport.
(d) His book has not been published.
3. Who agrees to assist Natalie in Italy with the red tape that is preventing Aaron from leaving Italy?
(a) August Van Winaker II.
(b) Armin von Roon.
(c) Benito Mussolini.
(d) E.J. Tillet.
4. What happened to the men who were imprisoned with Teddy Gallard?
(a) They escaped.
(b) They were executed.
(c) They were tortured.
(d) They were sent to concentration camps.
5. According to Roon, why was Germany unsuccessful in its air attacks against Britain?
(a) Anti-aircraft fire made progress slow.
(b) Germans were attacked from the ground in Poland and France.
(c) The United States sent their planes to Britain.
(d) Germans used most of their fuel traveling to Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Byron want Victor to ask the President?
2. Which prisoner of war does Victor visit while in Berlin?
3. Why is Victor transferred from the Tuscaloosa to the Augusta?
4. Who does the President send on a mission to the North Atlantic?
5. Who sends the message, "Eat Hearty, more coming, Mother Hubbard"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Byron motivate Roosevelt to intervene on behalf of Natalie and Aaron?
2. Why is Victor assigned to escort an elderly veteran to a Memorial Day parade?
3. How does Natalie's plan to help Aaron with his passport troubles anger Byron?
4. What difficulty does Roosevelt face when considering how to help the British defend themselves against the Germans?
5. What concern does Warren have over Madeline's relationship with Bozey?
6. What analogy does Armin von Roon and other Germans make for Victor to justify the German's treatment of the Jews?
7. Why is Teddy Gallard moved to a private cell?
8. What difficulty does Aaron have with his passport?
9. What explanation does Armin von Roon give for the failed German air campaign against the British?
10. Why is Natalie forced to give birth to her son in Europe?
This section contains 1,321 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)