|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Warren engaged?
2. Why does Byron live with Aaron when he returns to work for him in Italy?
(a) Aaron needs a driver.
(b) He wants to be closer to Natalie.
(c) He cannot afford his own apartment.
(d) The gas shortage causes buses to be erratic.
3. Where is Victor told to send the thirty-five surplus Navy planes?
4. Who sends the message, "Eat Hearty, more coming, Mother Hubbard"?
(a) E.J. Tillet.
(c) Digger Brown.
5. According to Roon, why was Germany unsuccessful in its air attacks against Britain?
(a) Anti-aircraft fire made progress slow.
(b) Germans were attacked from the ground in Poland and France.
(c) The United States sent their planes to Britain.
(d) Germans used most of their fuel traveling to Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sumner Welles?
2. What complaint does Rhoda have as the family leaves Warren's wedding reception?
3. What does Leslie Slote ask Natalie in a letter?
4. Who is Victor ordered to escort to the Memorial Day parade?
5. Who is Luigi Gianelli?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pamela affect Victor's relationship with Rhoda?
2. What is the importance of the sinking of the Bismarck?
3. Why do Warren and Janice move their wedding date?
4. Why is Victor assigned to escort an elderly veteran to a Memorial Day parade?
5. How is the Henry family affected by the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
6. Why is Teddy Gallard moved to a private cell?
7. What bribe is Victor offered?
8. What concern does Warren have over Madeline's relationship with Bozey?
9. What explanation does Armin von Roon give for the failed German air campaign against the British?
10. How does Palmer Kirby affect Rhoda's relationship with Victor?
This section contains 1,190 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)