|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Roosevelt, why are the British unable to assist the French?
(a) The Channel is too cold.
(b) They do not like the French government.
(c) They need their aircraft for self-defense.
(d) Communication technology is too limited.
2. Who does the President send on a mission to the North Atlantic?
3. Why is Victor asked to accompany the President on a brief trip?
(a) The President is ill.
(b) The President wants to speak to Victor in private.
(c) The President needs his protection.
(d) Victor has connections in Berlin.
4. What do Natalie and Byron plan to do on his three days of shore leave?
(a) Secure Aaron's passport.
(b) Lie on the beach and drink wine.
(c) Secure Natalie's passport.
(d) Get married.
5. In what activity does Winston Churchill ask Victor to take part?
(a) A retaliatory attack on the Germans.
(b) A secret mission to Italy.
(c) A state dinner with the Queen.
(d) Naval intelligence inside Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Germans attack after the Normandy invasion?
2. What does Byron ask Natalie in Florida?
3. To what does General Roon equate the German's treatment of the Jews?
4. What news does Rhoda send Victor in a letter in Part 3?
5. Why is Berel Jastrow living in Russia in Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Natalie return home to her mother and father's house?
2. What explanation does Armin von Roon give for the failed German air campaign against the British?
3. Why does Rhoda end her relationship with Palmer?
4. What is the importance of the sinking of the Bismarck?
5. How does Palmer Kirby affect Rhoda's relationship with Victor?
6. What difficulty does Roosevelt face when considering how to help the British defend themselves against the Germans?
7. What project does Victor undertake with 35 surplus Navy planes?
8. Why does Berel Jastrow move to Russia?
9. Describe the unique dinner party hosted by Wolf Stoller.
10. How does Pamela affect Victor's relationship with Rhoda?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)